Sprint has released another OTA update dubbed with build number L720TVPUCOK3 for the Spark Galaxy S4 SPH-L720T Tri-Band version. The L720TVPUCOK3 update is said to bring the Global Roaming support, a Security patch and unmentioned bug fixes. This is the 4th official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update had to unleashed for the said device. So those who might need to return back to the official firmware on their rooted and modified Galaxy S4 SPH-L720T. Here it goes the said stock build number L720TVPUCOK3 for you fellas.
L720TVPUCOK3 5.0.1 Update Technical Details
Device name: Samsung Galaxy S 4 (Spark)
Model number: SPH-L720T
Android version: 5.0.1 (Lollipop)
Baseband version: L720TVPUCOK3
Kernel version: 3.4.0-4745659
Build number: LRX22C.L720TVPUCOK3
Build date: November 11, 2015
Release date: December 18, 2015
- Sprint Global Roaming
- Security Updates
- Bug Fixes
Download L720TVPUCOH1 5.0.1 Stock Firmware
|Build version||Android version||Stock firmware|
Just in case you might have missed these updates you can still restore the device to this particular builds. But do not ever downgrade from 5.0.1 Lollipop to 4.4.2 KitKat. It will no longer work.
|Build version||Android version||Stock firmware|
|L720TVPUAMK5||4.3 Jelly Bean|
Again, this stock firmware is for Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720T, the ‘T’ referring to LTE Tri-band also called as Spark enabled Galaxy S4. The stock firmware cannot be used for the original non-tri-band Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH L720 as it uses a different firmware build version. The Galaxy S4 SPH-L720T is Sprint revision of the Galaxy S4 giving it a new model number to SPH-L720T.
Disclaimer: This method for advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about it, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device upon using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not screw-up your phone:
– Recharge the phone.
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures, and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might go wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Galaxy S4 battery is fully re-charge to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Close all software, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
– Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720T.
– Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – Settings > About Phone > then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appear.
Odin Flashing Procedures:
1) Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM. Use WinZip, 7zip, WinRAR or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Just click on the PDA button then select and load the binary image.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Reboot the Galaxy S4 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID: COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do I need to perform a factory reset again after flashing?
This is only optional if in case you’ll experience boot loop and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
How to Root L720TVPUCOK3 5.0.1
To root the L720TVPUCOK3 5.0.1 update, you may use CF-Auto-Root which can be found here which technically proven to work with the NG5 and OD2 update but it still work on OH1. If you might have used it before you may simply load it again in Odin’s PDA button. But for those who did not root the phone before, you might need to know that rooting will trip KNOX security flag counter and it voids the phone’s service warranty. So make sure to gather more info and make a careful research first before diving into the plunge.