Here goes G900W8VLU1BOB3 stock ROM an official 5.0 Lollipop update for Bell, Roger, Telus, Wind and among all other Canadian Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8. The G900W8VLU1BOB3 5.0 Lollipop is officially rolled out on March 04, 2015 which is an upgrade from those Galaxy S5 G900W8 bearing the 4.4.2 KitKat released build version such as the G900W8VLU1ANF4, G900W8VLU1ANF3 and G900W8VLU1AND1. Even though the Galaxy S5 has been receiving the Lollipop update during the past few months ahead but some might still think that the Canadian Galaxy S5 might be one of last get it but unfortunately it is not. Some countries and carrier branded SGS 5 hasn’t seen any Lollipop update yet like Australia, New Zealand and even the U.S. Galaxy S5 under AT&T’s network.
Since I am only referring the G900W8VLU1BOB3 5.0 Lollipop stock firmware here, so this is only for those advanced users who got a modified and rooted Galaxy S5 G900W8 devices that might want to restore back to official Lollipop update. While those who did not touch their devices may simply grab it via Over-The-Air. From the Menu simply tap on Settings>>About Device>> Check for Software updates.
Technical Details of G900W8VLU1BOB3
Device name: Samsung Galaxy S5
Model number: SM-G900W8
Android version: 5.0 (Lollipop OS)
Baseband version: G900W8VLU1BOB3
Kernel version: 3.4.0-4100894
Build date: February 13, 2015
Build number: LRX21T.G900W8VLU1BOB3
SE for Android status: Enforcing
Again, the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 Android 5.0 Lollipop G900W8VLU1BOB3 can be downloaded via Over-The-Air OTA update and using Samsung Kies 3. Below are the official firmware build G900W8VLU1BOB3 Android 5.0 Lollipop for advanced users whom no longer get the update as the phone has been modified.
Important reminders before you install the G900W8VLU1BOB3 5.0 Lollipop stock ROM
Will this trip KNOX warranty void flag counter to 0×1?
No, this is an official and signed firmware from Samsung, so flashing official firmware will not trip KNOX.
My Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 is rooted, will I lose root?
If your device is currently rooted you will lose root after flash. If you want to regain root again, just find the proper way to do it on your trusted sites.
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 is fully charge. Stock Firmware packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it does no’t delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-Wipe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe if something went wrong during the flashing process.
- Once you have made a back-up perform Full Wipe Data/Factory Reset. (see guide below)
Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. Odin will not work on MAC OS.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8.
- Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – Settings>>About Phone>> then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appear.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – Go to Settings>>Security>>Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on. This is only needed if you already turned-it-ON, from which you cannot modify the system when it’s enabled .
- Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
G900W8VLU1BOB3G900W8VLU1BOC1 Android 5.0 Lollipop update comes with a protected bootloader it is clearly indicated on its info that says “SE for Android Status – Enforcing” that might cause issues when you try to downgrade to the old software updates. This also applies if you are planning into rooting and installs any custom recoveries and any unsigned firmware once you are on Android 5.0 Lollipop , so please be aware with that.
G900W8VLU1BOB3 5.0 Lollipop Stock ROM Download. It’s all untouched firmware of which are directly pulled from Kies firmware server.
Rogers – G900W8VLU1BOB3 RWC (link)
Telus – G900W8VLU1BOB3 TLS (link)
Bell – G900W8VLU1BOB3 BMC (link)
Wind – G900W8VLU1BOB3 GLW (link)
Fido – G900W8VLU1BOB3 FMC (link)
Update the G900W8VLU1BOB3 has been officially pulled out due to the Home Button issue that has been found. It is replaced G900W8VLU1BOC1
Rogers – G900W8VLU1BOC1 RWC (link)
Telus – G900W8VLU1BOC1 TLS (link)
Bell – G900W8VLU1BOC1 BMC (link)
Fido – G900W8VLU1BOC1 FMC (link)
Virgin Mobile – G900W8VLU1BOC1 VMC (link)
Koodo – G900W8VLU1BOC1 KDO (link)
Mobilicity – G900W8VLU1BOC1 MCT (link)
Sasktel – G900W8VLU1BOC1 BWA (link)
Ensure that the USB driver is properly installed.
Install the USB Driver first if you do not have Kies 3 installed in your computer. You may also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin.
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘Phone Bootloader Update’ (only if your device runs on 4.3) , ‘AUTO-REBOOT’ and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes must be checked. Only the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked.
Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 into Download Mode.
To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously. You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. he download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop.
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB. In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a message says “Added” on a logcat box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock G900W8VLU1BOC1 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware file
The stock firmware is pack in a single .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start Flashing the stock firmware
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM. Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until you see the PASS!! message
When the Stock Firmware installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
Canada’s Firmware packages are all the same build which refer to as Bell in the end-result. Just Change the CSC code according to your network provider.
(NOTE: This process will wipe data, so make a back-up first all of your important data storage.)
1. Get the IMEI number of your phone, by dialing *#06#.
2. Copy the number indicated not including the / xx.
3. Once copied go back and dial this number *#272*IMEI#.
4. Select the correct CSC for your phone’s carrier then tap install.
i.e. BMC = Bell, RWC = Rogers. TLS = Telus, VTR = Videotron, and others.
5. The Phone will reset and reboot
How to get rid of lag issues and achieved a more stable Android 5.0 on your Galaxy S5
Some folks might miss this part, then there goes this lag problem here and there. This will also affects the battery life performance. So it is much better to perform a full wipe and factory reset once before and after flashing a stock firmware. This will not just avoid getting into any issues, but you can can also achieved a cleaner and fresher firmware installation. Just do make sure you all important data has a back-up copy and already kept in a safe place in your computer before you do this stuff.
Performing Full Wipe Data/Factory Reset on Samsung Galaxy S5
Boot in recovery mode.
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 in Normal mode.
That’s it! Now just let us know how’s the Lollipop update performs on your Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8. Do drop some comments below if you’ve found some issues so others may also knew about it.