Stock firmware G925AUCU1AOCE for Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A. Just in-case one might need to return back to factory stock if the phone is rooted and can’t get OTA update anymore.
The stock firmware have had been useful enough if one just messed-up from rooting and modifying the phone. Once the device ended-up into soft-bricks like stuck at welcome screen logo, bootloops, just think about that the stock firmware is your pal. So don’t bother anyone else to ask for help because it was your fault, fix it on your own by Odin’ing back the official, unmodified factory stock firmware into your phone.
Technical Details in Settings>>About device:
Model number: SM-G925A
Android version: 5.0.2
Baseband version: G925AUCU1AOCE
Kernel version: 3.10.61
Build number: LRX22G.G925AUCU1AOCE
Build date: March 27, 2015
Release date: April 10, 2015
How to Flash:
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk! We assume that your an Android phone expert and you knew what this exactly all about.
– Make sure your phone is fully re-charge to avoid power interruption and flashing failure.
– Optional: Back up all important files stored from the phone’s internal memory such as contacts, photos, videos, MMS, SMS, emails, docs etc. Though, most stockfirmware is non-wipe but in some circumstances if the flashing goes wrong it will delete all of your files.
– Optional: Perform factory reset to gain a smooth firmware flashing without failures especially if the device is rooted and running in an unofficial firmware.
– Used Windows-based computers, Odin will not run on Mac.
– Disable any running program on system tray, to avoid program conflicts and failures.
– Used the supplied USB data cable of your Galaxy S6 Edge, flashing failures is mostly caused by bad USB cable. So, make sure you have a perfectly working USB data cable.
Grab the necessary files for manual flashing.
– Install the USB driver for Samsung Galaxy S5 just download and install Kies as it includes the needed USB driver or grab it here.
– Download Odin Odin3_v3.10.6 here
– Download G925AUCU1AOCE Stock Firmware 5.0.2 Lollipop – (link)
Again, this stock firmware is specifically for the Galaxy S6 Edge with model number SM-G920A retail version only. Do not play it around on any other Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge variants or else you may wonder why. I warned you.
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware, Odin flasher program can’t read it until you’ll get the correct file path which is in (.tar) file format. You can use ’7zip’ or ‘winrar’ to do that task, I used winrar.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.10.6 flasher program.
3) Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time and nothing else.
4) Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S6 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. Once completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power button at the same time.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press Volume Upif you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode screen displays a box and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Connect the phone to PC when it’s only in the Download Mode screen. You should notice that the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn to blueish and will show you the port (COM) number.
6) Click on the AP button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stockfirmware.
7) Hit the “START’ button if everything seems all good to start flashing.
8) Wait until see the huge word “PASS!’ and not Failed!.
9) Remove the phone from the computer once it has completely reboots.
10) Optional: perform wipe data or factory reset to again.