Galaxy S6 edge SM-G925F Android 7.0 Nougat firmware version G925FXXU5EQCK released in Southeast Asia. This is the first Android 7.0 Nougat update released in the region, including Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
• Device name: Galaxy S6 edge
• Model number: SM-G925F
• Android version: 7.0
• Android security patch level: March 1, 2017
• Baseband version: G925FXXU5EQCG
• Kernel version: 3.10.61-10940776
• Build number: NRD90M.G925FXXU5EQCK
• Build date: 23 Mar 2017
- Device name: Galaxy S6 edge
- Model number: SM-G925F
- Android version: 6.0.1
- Android security patch level: February 1, 2017
- Baseband version: G925FXXU5DPL6
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-9389473
- Build number: MMB29K.G925FXXU5DQBC
- Build date: 22 Feb 2017
- Android 7.0 Upgrade
- Samsung Cloud, and Samsung Pass
- Improved UX fro better usability
- Improved multi-tasking
- Quick switch: double-tap the “Overview” button to switch between your two most recently used apps
- Split-screen Multi-Window mode: open compatible applications side by side
- “Clear all” function: close all running applications
- Improved Doze mode puts stationary devices into deep standby mode to further extend battery life
- Redesigned notifications panel
- Direct reply: answer messages within the notification bar without leaving your current application
- Bundled notifications: see grouped alerts that can be expanded
- Android security patches
How to Manually Upgrade a Galaxy S6 edge SM-G925F to Official Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware version NRD90M.G925FXXU5EQCK
Grab These Tools
- Odin3_v3.12.3 downloader or the latest version
- USB Driver – only needed if you haven’t installed the latest Samsung Smart Switch in your PC.
Before proceeding prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not messed-up your phone if something might went wrong:
• Backup all your personal data – Use “Samsung Smart Switch for PC“ (Google it) to easily make a backup of your Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures, and Videos, so that you will not lose it. You must do this because the recent firmware packages will wipe out your device stored data.
• Recharge the device battery – Make sure that your Galaxy S6 edge SM-G925F battery is fully recharged to ensure its stability. A power failure during the installation process may harm your device.
• Prepare a PC as this process will not tend to work in Mac computers.
• Enable OEM unlock mode – This thing wan’t there before during the old times, but if this feature is already enabled in your device. Just go to Settings > About device > then look for the firmware’s Build number and then tap that build number for around 7-times until a message pop-up that says something like “Congratulations you are now a developer!”. Then hit back in Settings > About device > Developer option > OEM Unlock.
Extract/Unzip the download stock firmware
Extract the downloaded firmware. Use any decompressing program you have had in your computer.
Reboot the Galaxy S6 edge into Download mode
To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now, Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time. You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears. If you can’t get into it, repeat the 3-button combination again and again.
Run and Configure Odin3 Flasher
Run Odin3 flasher program. In Odin window DO NOT tick the option box that says ‘Re-Partition’. Leave ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ check-marked by default.
Load the firmware NRD90M.G925FXXU5EQCK binary tarballs in Odin’s AP button. Once loaded, you need to wait for a while as Odin3 will check the files compatibility and authenticity.
Connect the Galaxy S6 edge into the computer
Connect the Galaxy S6 edge to the computer using the supplied USB data cable. In Odin window, the ID: COM box will turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and it’s an indication that it’s recognized with Odin. It also states as “Phone Added! in the log-cat.
Begin flashing the stock firmware
When all is set and you are ready into flashing just simply tick the ‘START’ button located at the lower part of Odin.
Wait until it says Pass!!
Odin3 will display a message that says “PASS!” when the process finishes. Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from the computer. However, if you might get the error message “FAILED!” you may check the troubleshooting procedures down below.
Perform factory data reset or wipe data cache partition once a fresh firmware were installed. This method can fix any lag issues. To do this, just press and hold the Volume Home, HOME and Power ON button at the same time while the phone is turned OFF, then select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. You may also proceed to Wipe Wipe System Cache/Partition if some issues still exists.
Also, you must update all of your pre-installed 3rd-party apps in the phone, as it causes some problems when it’s no longer compatible with the new Android 7.0 Nougat OS on the Galaxy S6 edge SM-G925F.