For Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928P here goes the Android 7.0 Nougat G928PVPU3DQC5 Firmware. This is the first official Android 7.0 Nougat released that brings not just the Nougat goodies but also provides new user interface and various performance modes. There are also lots of new improved features such the Multi-Window, Always On Display, Notification, Quick settings button, and a lot more.
Galaxy S6 edge+ SM-G928P Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware version G928PVPU3DQC5
- Device: Galaxy S6 edge+ SM-G928P
- Android version: 7.0. (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: March 1, 2017
- Baseband version: G928PVPU3DQC5
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-10809541
- Build number: MMB29K.G928PVPU3DQC5
Note: The stock firmware is for advanced users only or so-called Android ninjas. If you haven’t modified your device, you may simply take the update via Over-The-Air. Anyways, flashing the stock firmware will not tripped the KNOX app nor void the warranty of your device, since it’s the official firmware built by Google and Samsung. So it means you can use the stock firmware to manually update your device if ever it hasn’t available in the country you’re in.
Quick Guide on How to Install a Stock Firmware
- Odin Flasher– Select the Odin version to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat stock firmware.
- USB Driver – Only needed if you haven’t installed the Smart Switch for PC.
- Backup all the important data or files that were stored in your phone’s internal memory.
- Recharge the phone or it should have at-least around 50% remaining power.
- Activate USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > About device > then look for the firmware build number and then Tap that build number for around 7-times until a message pop-up that says something like “Congratulations you are now a developer”.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – from Home screen tap on Settings > Security > Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Reactivation lock option.
- Extract/Unzip the download stock firmware.
- Run and Configure Odin Flasher. In Odin window DO NOT tick the option box that says ‘Re-Partition’. Leave ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ check-marked by default.
- Just click on the AP button then select and load the stock firmware. G928PVPU3DQC5_G928PSPT3DQC5_G928PVPU3DQC5_Home.tar.md5
- Reboot the device into Download Mode. Turn it Off first. Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
- Connect the device into the computer using the supplied USB data cable.
- Begin Flashing. Tick the ‘START’ button.
DO NOT disconnect nor do anything when the phone is already in download mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process. Wait until the phone completely reboots before you unplug it from the computer.
Tips: Though this is just an optional one, but this method has been proven effective and we’ve still used it for a quite some time now. This process will get rid of some issues and you’ll gain a much cleaner and fresher firmware installation. But then again, you must have created a backup of your data stored in your phone’s internal memory before doing so. You may then perform factory data reset right after the new firmware installation. To do this, just press and hold the Volume Home, HOME and Power button at the same time while the phone is turned OFF, then select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. You may also proceed to Wipe System Cache/Partition if some issues still persists.