Android 7.0 Nougat firmware G935VVRU4BQA2 for Verizon Galaxy S7 edge SM-G935V. The latter is the first official Nougat update released on Verizon Galaxy S7 edge. The stock firmware is only for those who did not managed to get update vai Over-The-Air OTA. So just in-case you might want the stock firmware itself, and then manually install it into the device.
If you own the Galaxy S7 SM-G930V (flat version) you may also get the stock firmware version G930VVRU4BQA2 here. Since this one is only for the Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V variant.
Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware G935VVRU4BQA2 Info
- Device: Galaxy S7 edge (Verizon)
- Model number: SM-G935V
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat OS)
- Android security patch level: February 1, 2017
- Baseband version: G935VVRU4BQA2
- Kernel version: 3.18.31
- Build number: NRD90M.G935VVRU4BQA2
- AP: G935VVRU4BQA2
- CP: G935VVRU4BQA2
- CSC: G935VVZW4BQA2
The G935PVPU4BQAA Android Nougat firmware can be installed on top of either if your Galaxy S7 edge is currently rooted, and or running at a Custom ROM, Nougat beta, and any Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version. This process will not knock down the KNOX apps since it is an official firmware build, but it will not reset the KNOX counter if it has been tripped-off before when you have had your device rooted and modified.
Grab These Tools
- Odin3_v3.11.1 downloader or the latest version – This is best for flashing the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware
- USB Driver – only needed if you haven’t installed the latest Samsung Smart Switch in your PC.
Before proceeding prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not messed-up your phone if something might went wrong:
• Backup all your personal data – Use “Samsung Smart Switch for PC“ (Google it) to easily make a backup of your Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures, and Videos, so that you will not lose it. You must do this because the recent firmware packages will wipe out your device stored data.
• Recharge the device battery – Make sure that your Galaxy S7 edge battery is fully recharged to ensure its stability. A power failure during the installation process may harm your device.
• Prepare a PC as this process will not tend to work in Mac computers.
• Enable OEM unlock mode – This thing wan’t there before during the old times, but if this feature is already enabled in your device. Just go to Settings > About device > then look for the firmware’s Build number and then tap that build number for around 7-times until a message pop-up that says something like “Congratulations you are now a developer!”. Then hit back in Settings > About device > Developer option > OEM Unlock.
Extract/Unzip the download stock firmware
Extract the downloaded firmware. Use any decompressing program you have had in your computer.
Reboot the Galaxy S7 edge into Download mode
Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now, Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time. You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears. If you can’t get into it, repeat the 3-button combination again and again.
Run and Configure Odin3 Flasher
Run Odin3 flasher program. In Odin window DO NOT tick the option box that says ‘Re-Partition’. Leave ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ check-marked by default.
Load the firmware G935VVRU4BQA2 binary tarballs in Odin designated slots such as: the “BL” (bootlooder) file goes to the “BL button/slot“, same goes about the “AP” (phone), “CP” (modem) and the “CSC” (consumer code) files. Once loaded, you need to wait for a while as Odin3 will check the files compatibility and authenticity.
- BL_ G935VVRU4BQA2 _user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
- AP_ G935VVRU4BQA2 _user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
- CP_ G935VVRU4BQA2 _user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
- CSC_ VZW_G935VVZW4BQA2 _user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
Connect the Galaxy S7 edge into the computer
Connect the Galaxy S7 edge to the computer using the supplied USB data cable. In Odin window, the ID: COM box will turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and it’s an indication that it’s recognized with Odin. It also states as “Phone Added! in the log-cat.
Begin flashing the stock firmware
When all is set and you are ready into flashing just simply tick the ‘START’ button located at the lower part of Odin.
Wait until it says Pass!!
Odin3 will display a message that says “PASS!” when the process finishes. Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from the computer. However, if you might get the error message “FAILED!” you may check the troubleshooting procedures down below.
Perform factory data reset or wipe data cache partition once a fresh firmware were installed. This method can fix any lag issues. To do this, just press and hold the Volume Home, HOME and Power ON button at the same time while the phone is turned OFF, then select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. You may also proceed to Wipe Wipe System Cache/Partition if some issues still exists.
Also, you must update all of your pre-installed apps in you Galaxy S7 edge phone, as it will also causes some problems on Nougat OS. That’s all folks!