Lollipop update firmware build version G900FXXU1BOC7 on Galaxy S5 SM-G900F which is rolled out in Europe. The latter is an update to the previous G900FXXU1OB7 and still base in Android 5.0 Lollipop. Noting that there are already several Lollipop update has been hitting on the Galaxy S5 for the past few months but still there hasn’t any Android 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 base ever to come out. The G900FXXU1BOC7 could only be a minor update but might add some few bug-fixes, system enhancements and further improvements.
So those who already got the previously rolled out G900FXXU1BOB7, you may now get this new G900FXXU1BOC7 Lollipop update. Just then check if it brings some adverse effect to the device performance. It can be downloaded via Over-The-Air (OTA) update and or using Kies 3. But those who has rooted and modified Galaxy S5 and has not been able to get the update you may grab the G900FXXU1BOC7 stock firmware below. Thus, basically wants to restore back to purely stock right now then grab the G900FXXU1BOC7 below.
Technical Details of G900FXXU1BOC7 5.0 Lollipop:
Device: Samsung Galaxy S5 (Snapdragon)
Model number: SM-G900F
Android version: 5.0 (Lollipop OS)
Baseband version: G900FXXU1BOC7
Kernel version: 3.4.0-4469118
Build number: LRX21T.G900FXXU1BOC7
SE for Android status Enforcing
Build date: March 16, 2015
Release date: April 03, 2015
Again, this is Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Android 5.0 Lollipop update and can be downloaded via Over-The-Air (OTA) update and Samsung Kies. Below are the official firmware build G900FXXU1BOC7 Android 5.0 Lollipop for advanced users.
Will this trip KNOX warranty void flag counter to 0×1?
Nup, this is an official and signed firmware from Samsung, so flashing official firmware will not trip KNOX.
My Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F is rooted, will I lose root?
If your device is currently rooted you will lose root after flash, but you can still root it again if you want.
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F is fully charge.Stock Firmware packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it does no’t delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-Wipe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe if something went wrong during the flashing process.
- Once you have made a back-up perform Full Wipe Data/Factory Reset. (see guide below)
- Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. Odin will not work on MAC OS.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – Settings>>About Phone>> then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appear.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – Go to Settings>>Security>>Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on. This is only needed if you already turned-it-ON, from which you cannot modify the system when it’s turned-ON.
- Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
Download the G900FXXU1BOC7 5.0 Lollipop firmware:
UK – (BTU) G900FXXU1BOC7 (link)
Greece – (EUR) G900FXXU1BOC7 (link)
Hungary – (XEH) G900FXXU1BOC7 (link)
Austria – (ATO) G900FXXU1BOC7 (link)
Southeast Europe – (SEE) G900FXXU1BOC7 (link)
Switzerland – (AUT) G900FXXU1BOC7 (link)
France – (XEF) G900FXXU1BOC7 (link)
Nordic Countries – (NEE) G900FXXU1BOC7 (link)
Install the USB driver
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. You may also need to extract thedownloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘Phone Bootloader Update’ (only if your device runs on 4.3) , ‘AUTO-REBOOT’ and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes must be checked. Only the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked.
Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F into Download Mode
To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. he download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a message says “Added” on a logcat box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock G900FXXU1BOC7 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware file
Start Flashing the stock firmware
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until you see the PASS!! message
When the Stock Firmware installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
How to get rid of lag issues and achieved a more stable Android 5.0 on your Galaxy S5
Some folks might miss this part, then there goes this lag problem here and there. This will also affects the battery life performance. So it is much better to perform a full wipe and factory reset once before and after flashing a stock firmware. This will not just avoid getting into any issues, but you can can also achieved a cleaner and fresher firmware installation. Just do make sure you all important data has a back-up copy and already saved in safe place before doing this.
Performing Full Wipe Data/Factory Reset on Samsung Galaxy S5
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F in Normal mode.