For those Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T210R (U.S.) users who still runs on unofficial firmware and eventually did not get the official 4.4.2 update T210RUEU0CNI1 and has faced software update failure issues via OTA/. You cane either use this method or just stay on rooted 4.1.2 forever. But if you want to all you need to do is grab the original stock ROM T210RUEU0CNI1 and manually flash it using Odin. The process will restore back your Galaxy Tab 3 T210R to stock. This firmware is unmodified, untouched nor rooted or anything else it directly pulled from Samsung Kies firmware server and made it install-able anytime we want.
If your Galaxy Tab 3 T210R is currently rooted you will lose root after flash, but you can still root it again if you want. This will not trip the binary flash counter since this is an official firmware from Samsung.
Technical details of the 4.4.2 T210RUEU0CNI1:
• Device name: GALAXY Tab3 7.0 Wi-Fi
• Model number: SM-T210R
• Android Version: 4.4.2 (Kitkat OS)
• Baseband version: T210RUEU0CNI1
• Kernel version – 3.4.5 – 2364900
• Build number: KOT49H.T210RUEU0CNI1
• AP: T210RUEU0CNI1
• CP: T210RXAR0CNI1
• CSC: T210RUEU0CNI1
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Important Reminders before Flashing Stock ROM
• Make sure that your Galaxy Tab 3 T210R battery is fully re-charge.
• Stock ROM packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it doesn’t delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-WIpe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe place just in-case if something might went wrong during the flashing process.
• Use a Windows OS base computer, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. This approach will not work on MAC users.
• Use the supplied USB cable for your Galaxy Tab 3 T210R
• Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings. Go to Settings > Applications > Development, and tick the box that says ‘Enable USB Debugging’. If your tablet is on a rooted 4.4.2 ROM, Go to Settings >About Device>>look for the build number then tap it for around 7-times until a developer options pops-up.
• Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
• Please keep in mind that the Android 4.4.2 updates includes a new protected bootloader that might cause issues when you try to downgrade to the old software updates. This also applies if you are planning into rooting and installing any custom recovery once you are on 4.4.2, so please be aware with that.
Download the needed tools for flashing
Grab Odin3.v3.09 here
Grab the USB driver here
Grab your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T210R Original Firmware or Stock ROM.
Important: This can only be used on the unbranded Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 WiFi with a specific model number SM-T210R/ The SM-T201R are exclusively released in north America.
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. Also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked, only the ‘AUTO-REBOOT and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes are both remained checked.
Reboot your Galaxy Tab 3 T210R into Download Mode
To reboot the Galaxy Tab 3 T210R into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock 4.4.2 T210RUEU0CNI1 firmware file
The stock ROM is pack in One .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start Installing the stock ROM
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until you see the word PASS!!
When the Stock ROM installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware
Confirm your fresh firmware installation by going to Settings>About Phone>Firmware info. Then see if it is on 4.4.2 with baseband version T210RUEU0CNI1 and build number KOT49H.T210RUEU0CNI1.
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock ROM on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, It isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs.
Try to use another PC or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: You can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy Tab 3 T210R in Normal mode.
That’s it! Any further questions, just drop it on our comment form below.