Firmware build I337MVLUFNC1 4.4.2 KitKat for all Canadian Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M update. The update has just officially rolled by Samsung and the three giant carrier providers in Canada – Bell, Rogers and Telus. Below are the original firmware build I337MVLUFNC1 for those who have had rooted or installed with unofficial firmware on their SGS4 phones and may now wants to return back to official firmware again.
The stock I337MVLUFNC1 4.4.2 firmware below is only useful for those advanced users that cannot install the update through ‘OTA’ over-the-air or even Kies and had faced issues like “Software Update Failed” or “This device is not supported with kies” and any similar errors. So again, if you want to have the official 4.4.2 KitKat update installed on your Galaxy S4 just simply grab the 4.4.2 I337MVLUFNC1 stock firmware, for this is your other last resort. Those who still runs on a official 4.3 I337MVLUEMK6 firmware and has never modified their device, shall not use this method since you can simply update via over-the-air with no pain.
One more thing, the 4.4.2 update now equipped with a secured bootloader which similarly found on 4.3 updates, some circumstances is that you cannot revert back to the older software update version, for this breaks the bootloader image once gets re-written. So make sure to be aware with that if you are planning to install any ROMs that still based on 4.3 , or 4.2.2. If you are also rooted then you’ll lose root once the 4.4.2 installation has made, that’s because official firmwares wipes-out any modification you have installed in your device.
Upgrade Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat I337MVLUFNC1 (Odin Stock Firmware method)
Disclaimer: This method is used by Android developers and advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device from using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Warning: This stock ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy S4 with SGH-I337M (Bell, Rogers, Telus) specific model only. Do not ever try to use this firmware on any other Samsung Galaxy S4 variants.
Q: Will I lose root once using this method?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official firmware.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to this version?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted, but be aware about the new KNOX security platform hidden inside the system that completely voids the warranty of your device once gets tripped by means of rooting or installing any custom recovery. This sets “KNOX warranty Void: 0×1 from 0×0″ (You can see this when you set your device in download mode). This cannot be reset by any hacking method except by Samsung service personnel using a special reset tool of-course or by replacing the whole PCB board.
New 4.4.2 update I337MVLUFNI2
Android Version: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Baseband Version: I337MVLUFNI2
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-2767305
Build Number: KOT49H.I337MVLUFNI2
Build date: September 29, 2014
Download: Stock Firmware I337MVLUFNI2
Sasktel : BWA_I337MVLUNI2
Download the original I337MVLUFNC1 Stock Firmware:
Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S 4
Model number: SGH-I337M
Carrier: Rogers, Bell, Telus
Android Version: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Baseband Version: I337MVLUFNC1
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-880525
Build Number: KOT49H.I337MVLUFNC1
Build date: 01, March 2014
Release date: 13, March 2014
Download: Stock Firmware I337MVLUFNC1
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not mess-up your phone:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might go wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Galaxy S4 battery is fully re-charge to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
Odin Flashing Procedures:
1) Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip,winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Just click on the “AP button” then select and load the binary image.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Reboot the Galaxy S4 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from your computer.
If you get bootloops or stuck at welcome screen logo, this is seemingly normal when your device comes from a modified firmware. All you need to do is perform the advanced full factory reset method. This will wipe all the remaining data from your device so again, you should already have the back-up copy of all of files before doing this.
Again, this is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloops and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresher and a cleaner firmware installation.