Original stock firmware build number I545VRUGOF1 and Android 5.0.1 base for Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-I545. The I545VRUGOF1 5.0.1 update is an update to the previous build version I545VRUGOC1. The update contained the security patch to fix the (Stagefright) vulnerability, many bug fixes, more improvements to the device stability and performance.
The I545VRUGOF1 stock firmware is only for those who had been gone into rooting, installed a custom recovery, and custom ROM, but wants to return back to a stock official firmware. This is also useful in case your phone might running into some issues like a bootloop, stuck at welcome screen logo while tinkering the phone with any unofficial and unsigned system images.
I545VRUGOF1 5.0.1 Update Technical Details
Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S 4
Model number: SCH-I545
Android Version: 5.0.1 (Lollipop)
Baseband Version: I545VRUGOF1
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-4584173
Build Number: LRX22C.I545VRUGOF1
Build date: July 15, 2015
Release date: August 17, 2015
I545VRUGOF1 5.0.1 Features/Enhancements:
- Fixed an issue related to E-mail notifications not showing up in Status Bar.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the Alarm Clock does not start up.
- Fixed an issue where in some rare cases when attempting to remove or add icons/widgets on any of the home screens the user is shown the Touch Wiz force close notification
- Fixed an issue related to Volume not staying to previously set value after the last software upgrade.
- Fixed an issue where the device does not read out the body of the text message after software update.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the user is getting white squares on the lock screen instead of numbers.
- Software change to prevent lockout of the device after the last software upgrade (only affects devices that have been Encrypted).
- Improvements to the Samsung Reactivation lock (lost or stolen device security)
- Patch for critical security vulnerability (‘Stagefright’).
via Verizon Galaxy S 4 support (PDF)
Download I545VRUGOF1 5.0.1 Stock Firmware
|Build version||Android version||Stock firmware|
Just in case you might have missed these updates you can still restore the rooted device to this particular builds and then simply update your phone via Over-The-Air. But do not ever downgrade from 5.0.1 Lollipop to 4.4.2 KitKat if your Galaxy S 4 already running with it. It will no longer work due to the newly secured bootloader against any Android OS vulnerability.
|Build version||Android version||Stock firmware|
|I545VRUEMK2||4.3 Jelly Bean||(link)|
|I545VRUEMJ7||4.3 Jelly Bean||(link)|
Again, this stock firmware is for Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 only. The stock firmware should not and cannot be used to any other Galaxy S4 variants.
Disclaimer: This method for advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about it, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device upon using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not screw-up your phone:
– Recharge the phone, or have at least 50% remaining battery power.
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures, and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in case something might go wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Galaxy S4 battery is fully re-charge to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Prepare a PC as this method will not work on MAC .
– Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545.
– Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – Settings > About Phone > then scroll down to the Build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appear. Then hit back in Settings > Developer option > USB debugging mode, to enable it.
Odin Flashing Procedures:
Odin downloader – Odin3_v3.09
USB Driver – Drivers are here
1) Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM. Use WinZip, 7zip, WinRAR or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Just click on the PDA button then select and load the binary image.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Reboot the Galaxy S4 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID: COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do I need to perform a factory reset again after flashing?
This is only optional if in case you’ll experience boot loop and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
How to Root I545VRUGOF1 5.0.1 Update?
As of now, there is no root method that will work on I545VRUGOF1 5.0.1update. The update is still fresh but who knows the root will available soon.