This is the I747UCALG1 ICS 4.0.4 original Stock firmware for Samsung SGH-I747 AT&T Galaxy S III. This firmware was released on July 2012, an update from the factory firmware build I747UCALEM. This may only useful to return back your phone to the original factory stock firmware settings. This may also useful to fix if you accidentally bricked your Galaxy S3 from messing up installing other Galaxy S3 modified ROM etc.
Note: This stock ROM should only be used on Samsung SGH-I747 Galaxy S III AT&T. DO NOT ever USE these stock ROM on other Galaxy S III variants for it uses a different firmware builds like the following below or you might experience undesired outcomes or screwed up your phone in no time.
International Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 (unbranded and carrier branded)
USA (T-Mobile) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999
USA (Sprint) Samsung Galaxy S III SPH-L710
USA (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I535
Canada (Telus) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747M
Canada (SaskTel) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747M
Canada (Rogers) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747M
Canada (Bell) Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747M
Canada Videotron Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999V
Canada Mobilicity Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999V
Australia (Telstra) Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300T
Australia (Vodafone) Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300T
New Zealand (XT Mobile) Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300T
Japan (NTT Docomo) Samsung Galaxy S III SC-O6D
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Released Date: July 2012
Stock ROM Download: Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 Stock Firmware
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T SGH-I747)stock ROM:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not add your phone flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash original firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Odin flashing Quick Guide for advance users
(If this is your first time heard about this method, read the whole flashing procedure guide)
Ensure that the battery is fully charge.
Make a Back up copy of all important data/files stored from the phone’s internal memory.
1. Download the stock ROM. Then extract it.
2. Download Odin3_v3.07 link.
3. Download USB driver (only needed if you have not previously installed Kies on your PC/laptop).
4. Run Odin3_v3.07 on PC desktop
5. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
6. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
7. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
8. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
9. Hit the “START’ button.