I9100PBVLP8 – This is the latest stock ROM for UK Orange Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100P with NFC enabled phone. This was officially released from May 2012, an update from previous build I9100PBVLP6 Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich released on March. UK got the most latest ICS firmware build compared to other countries in Europe, ( see my list here of all Orange Galaxy S2 Firmware update).
I9100PBVLP8 ICS 4.0.3 for UK Orange Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100P
Device: Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100P
Software Build: I9100PBVLP8/I9100PORALP8/I9100PBVLP7/I9100PBVLP8
PDA: I9100PBVLP8 | CSC: I9100PORALP8 | PHONE: I9100PBVLP7
Version: Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build Date: 5/9/2012 4:27:25 PM
Release Date: May 12, 2012
Firmware Downloads: Samsung Galaxy S2 Firmware
Odin Flasher tool and PC USB Driver
You may also need Odin Flasher or multidownloader tool that works for the Galaxy S2 installing ICS stock ROM.
Firmware Packaged Files:
Binary images contains of I9100PBVLP8_I9100PORALP8_I9100PBVLP7_HOME.tar.md5
FAQ about flashing stock ROM:
Q: Does it safe to flash stock ROM?
A: There is a risk danger in flashing firmware either original stock ROM and or custom ROMs on the device. Any unwanted interruption occurred will cause your device into softbricks. If it is your first time,. It is highly recommended to search more and learn about flashing stock ROM.
Q: Does Flashing will remove all my data stored on the device.
A: Yes and NO. There are two types of stock ROM, the wiped and non-wiped version. It is highly recommended that you should back-up all your important data stored in the phone’s memory before flashing.
Q: Does Flashing stock ROM to my phone will erase the network lock?
A: NO. Your network (or SIM) lock will still remain active.
Q: Does Flashing stock ROM will remove root on my phone?
A: Yes. If you currently have rooted, your phone will return back to original factory settings after flashing. You need to re-root again to install any 3rd party applications.
Q: Flashing an operator specific firmware will restrict my open phone to that operator’s network?
A: NO. Your phone still remain open for any Operator SIM. Operator specific builds usually containing “only specific country or carrier provider” logo, bloatwares, wallpapers and/or browser settings, etc.
Instructions for Odin Flashing I9100PBVLP8_I9100PORALP8_I9100PBVLP7 ICS 4.0.3 Android Ice Cream Sandwich
(Quick Guide for Advance users only. We also have the step by step full detailed guide for beginners)
- Extract the firmware
- Run Odin flasher on your PC desktop
- Put your device in Recovery MODE (Home + Volume up + Power)
- Select Wipe Data/Factory reset
- Select Wipe Cache
- Turn OFF the Galaxy S2 or Remove the battery and put it back again
- Put your device into Download MODE (Home + Volume Down + Power)
- Plug the phone to PC using USB cable.
- Click PDA button then select and load the I9100PBVLP8_I9100PORALP8_I9100PBVLP7_HOME.tar.md5
- Important: “DO NOT CHECK! the RE-PARTITION checkbox.
- Then finally click START!
- Wait until a word “PASS” appears
If bootloops occurred after flashing do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy S2 in Normal mode.
Confirm your fresh firmware installed by typing *#1234# or
Go to Settings>About Phone>Firmware info.
Check and reconfigure your APN settings when data networks connection issues encountered.