I9103XXLQ9 NEE an official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103 update firmware now recently released in Nordic countries.
Firmware build: I9103XXLQ9 ICS 4.0.4
Latest firmware: I9103XXLQ9/I9103NEELQ9/I9103XXLQ3/I9103XXLQ9
Device: Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103
Region: Northern Europe and the North Atlantic
Country: Nordic Countries – Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden and their associated territories, the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland.
Version: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build/released: 8/20/2012 6:37:25 PM
This is the second official ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update released by Samsung just after from the first released in Austria 3 Hutchison.
Again, this released is only available thru Kies if you’re inside Nordic Countries areas. Other regions may still wait for a while before this goes or reaches to our each specific countries.
For those advance users out there in other countries who may want to try and upgrade to this latest official ICS 4.0.4 release for Galaxy R now, just simply grab the original stock ROM. This I9103XXLQ9 build is an unbranded firmware and much nicer to use than the first released in Austria which is bloated with
3 Hutchison default settings like apps and welcome screen logo.
Here’s how to install Official Android ICS 4.0.4 I9103XXLQ9 Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung GT-I9103 Galaxy R.
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade on it yet via kies or OTA or if your Galaxy R was installed with unofficial firmware previously.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
– Remember the APN settings of your phone .
Grab the original stock ROM I9103XXLQ9:
Odin Flasher Guide: I9103XXLQ9 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe or Odin3_v1.85 on your PC desktop
3) In Odin – DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103 now fully upgraded to the official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.