The Samsung SGH-I927 Captivate Glide from AT&T now releasing the official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich software update. This firmware is already on Kies and has a build number of I927UCLH2 and build date last month 8/20/2012 and update from previous version I927UCKL1.
For those advance users who previously installed the leaked ICS 4.0.4 I927UCLG9 build, you can now install the official ICS 4.0.4 I927UCLH2 stock ROM below for you can’t upgrade your device thru Kies anymore.
I927UCLH2 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Build
Device: Samsung Captivate Glide SGH-I927
Country: United States of America
Product Code: SGH-I927ZKAATT
Latest firmware: I927UCLH2/I927ATTLH2/I927UCLH2/I927UCLH2
Android version: 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build: August 2012
Released: September 2012
What to Expect after Updating to I927UCLH2 ICS 4.0.4
Home screens: Items that have been added to the home screen, such as applications, widgets, and wallpaper (if the current wallpaper is not supported by ICS) are reset to default. Lock screen images will be preserved.
Application Menu: The application menu sorting, folders and home keys will be reset. Downloaded applications will be preserved.
Contact Groups: All Contacts and Contact groups will remain. However. contacts within the contact groups will be removed.
Email: Email accounts that were added as a Social Hub or Samsung premium account will be removed.
Music: Music playlists and settings (Equalizer,Sound effect, Music menu) will be reset during the update.
Bluetooth: Paired bluetooth devices will be removed during the reset.
Note: Your SIM card and any external microSD™ memory card may remain installed during this update. You may remove either or both prior to beginning the process, if desired. Remember to re-install both after the update process has completed.
You can follow the official guide from Samsung to get the Ice Cream Sandwich for your Captivate Glide
What to Expect known issues after the update:
Keyboard backlight is not working: Users reported – the keyboard backlight is missing, unsure about tethering and other problems.
How to manually install I927UCLH2 stock ROM via Odin
Disclaimer: We shall not held responsible if anything happens to your device for following this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
– Grab Odin3_v3.07 link, and USB driver
– Install the USB driver and only use Windows OSX base computer, Odin will not work on MAC
– Back-up all important files stored from your phone.(e.g., bookmarks, messages, contacts, APNs, etc.)
– Fully charge your phone’s battery.
I927UCLH2 ICS 4.0.4 Original Stock ROM
Here’s the original stock ROM for advance users who installed the leaked firmware – If you tried to plug your phone while running the leaked ICS I927UCLG9 build, Kies will probably tell you that your phone does not accept firmware updates through Kies. So, grab this stock ROM and read the detailed guide below.
Update: Use the I927UCLJ3 instead for it is much stable build and contains fixes issues from I927UCLH2. Download here. (Read the update details)
1. “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM
2. Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3. Boot the phone into download mode: Turn it OFF then hold down the Volume Up key and pressing the Power key once. Release the Volume Up key when an options screen appears. Press the Volume Up button again to enter into Download Mode.
4. Once the phone is set in Download mode, connect it to PC.
5. In Odin, click on the PDA button then load the “extracted stock ROM tar file.
6. Press the “START” button to begin flashing.
7. Wait until the flashing process completes, You’ll then see a word “PASS!” means that the flashing was successful. If anything fails disconnect the phone from the PC, try to remove the battery for a couple of seconds, then repeat the whole flashing process from step 1. You may also try to check the cable wire you use, try another USB port of your computer.
8. Once the flashing finishes , disconnect the phone from the computer after it completely rebooted.
If bootoops or just stuck on Samsung logo occurs after flashing, just simply perform factory reset to solve this issue. Tha’ts all, Enjoy!