Samsung and AT&T now rolls out the new Ice Cream Sandwich software update for Samsung Captivate Glide SGH-I927. The new ICS build is I927UCLJ3, this is another release from earlier build I927UCLH2 last September. Samsung emphasized that this update will bring stability improvements to the device. As I still freshly recall that there is a keyboard backlight problem as a known issue from last release UCLH2. So, Samsung Devs might also have added all the needed bug fixes to this update.
Firmware build I927UCLJ3 ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Device: Samsung Captivate Glide SGH-I927
Country: United States of America
Product Code: SGH-I927ZKAATT
Latest firmware build: I927UCLJ3
Android version: 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build date: September 2012
Release date: November 2012
What to Expect after Updating to I927UCLJ3 ICS 4.0.4
Home screens: Items that have been added to the home screen, such as applications, widgets, and wallpaper (if the current wallpaper is not supported by ICS) are reset to default. Lock screen images will be preserved.
Application Menu: The application menu sorting, folders and home keys will be reset. Downloaded applications will be preserved.
Contact Groups: All Contacts and Contact groups will remain. However. contacts within the contact groups will be removed.
Email: Email accounts that were added as a Social Hub or Samsung premium account will be removed.
Music: Music playlists and settings (Equalizer,Sound effect, Music menu) will be reset during the update.
Bluetooth: Paired bluetooth devices will be removed during the reset.
Note: Your SIM card and any external microSD™ memory card may remain installed during this update. You may remove either or both prior to beginning the process, if desired. Remember to re-install both after the update process has completed.
You can follow the official guide from Samsung U.S.A support team to update your Captivate Glide I927.
How to manually install the I927UCLJ3 4.0.4 Stock Firmware via Odin
This procedure are for those advance users only (i.e rooted or modified firmware) and wants to revert back their device to original factory firmware, typical users who never touched their devices SHALL NOT do this method.
Disclaimer: We shall not held responsible if anything happens to your device for following this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
– Grab Odin3_v3.07 link, and USB driver
– Install the USB driver and only use Windows OSX base computer, Odin will not work on MAC
– Back-up all important files stored from your phone.(e.g., bookmarks, messages, contacts, APNs, etc.)
– Fully charge your phone’s battery.
I927UCLJ3 ICS 4.0.4 Original Stock ROM
Here’s the original stock ROM for advance users who installed the leaked firmware – If you tried to plug your phone while running the leaked ICS I927UCLG9 build, Kies will probably tell you that your phone does not accept firmware updates through Kies.
Grab this stock ROM and read the detailed guide below.
SGH-I927_ATT_I927UCLJ3_I927ATTLJ3_I927UCLJ3 Download here.
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM
2. Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3. Boot the phone into download mode: Turn it OFF then hold down the Volume Up key and pressing the Power key once. Release the Volume Up key when an options screen appears. Press the Volume Up button again to enter into Download Mode.
4. Once the phone is set in Download mode, connect it to PC.
5. In Odin, click on the PDA button then load the “extracted stock ROM tar file.
6. Press the “START” button to begin flashing.
7. Wait until the flashing process completes, You’ll then see a word “PASS!” means that the flashing was successful. If anything fails disconnect the phone from the PC, try to remove the battery for a couple of seconds, then repeat the whole flashing process from step 1. You may also try to check the cable wire you use, try another USB port of your computer.
8. Once the flashing finishes , disconnect the phone from the computer after it completely rebooted.
If bootoops or just stuck on Samsung logo occurs after flashing, just simply perform factory reset to solve this issue. That’s all, Enjoy!
If you already updated thru Kies or OTA, share to everyone hows your impression of this new ICS update.
Confirmed Fixes of I927UCLJ3 Update
I have been setting up and play with this version for a couple of hours. I was fighting with Kies to recognize the phone and finally had to uninstall / reinstall again to get it to work. Makes no sense since I backed up before the update. Regardless i was able to recover my SMS and Phone logs which is the only thing I did not have backed up.
Here are the fixes that I have found so far:
1. Keyboard backlight of course.
2. Menu buttons light up now when they are touched. No longer have to touch screen (this was a big one for me).
3. SMS notifications work correctly although I had switched to SMS Pro to solve and I love it now.
4. Other notifications seem to be working ( calendar, alarm, etc.) but I was already using Volume Ace which fixed these as well.
5. Accuweather application rotates through my chosen cities now. I had not realized this was not working properly but always had to open the app to switch cities.
So far so good with some of the major items fixed. #2 was really bothering me for a long time since I was alway hunting for the right button in the dark.
This was posted by [VideoRoy] at XDA-Developer thread.