Vodafone is now the first carrier releasing its official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Luckily, it’s now initially available for Germany Galaxy S3 users only, other Vodafone network operators across Europe might also follow soon. The firmware build number is I9300XXELL5, a much newer build than the first 4.1.2 Jelly Bean which earlier released in Poland – build I9300XXELKC. There is nothing much more particular differences on this build except for the added default bloatwares for Vodafone. Let’s wait for United Kingdom or Germany unbranded releases if there is something much more interesting changes.
The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean adds up Multi-View function, Smart Rotation, Paper Artist and a lot more new features and enhancements that can be found on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 devices.
Update Build I9300XXELL5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300
Android Version: 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Build Date: 12-10-2012
Release Date: 12-18-2012
Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 Features
Here’s a few features that you may find on 4.1.2 Jelly bean update. The rest will be for you discover.
- Multi-viewing function
- Smart Rotation
- The Notification Panel:
- – multi-window
- – S-beam
- – AllShare Cast
- – Paper Artist
- Page Buddy
- Group Cast
- – Low Light feature
- – Best Face feature
- – Contextual filename
- – auto share shot
- Gallery new look
- Video player:
- – take photos of your screen
- – Add weather tag
- – Tag buddy” settings.
- My Files:
- – images
- – videos
- – music
- – documents
Again, this update is now available in Samsung Kies and might also be roll out via OTA (over the air) since this is a carrier branded firmware for Vodafone. To those advancwho already rooted and installed any modified ROM and wants to return back to official stock you can grab the original I9300XXELL5 stock ROM and manually install it using Odin.
Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I9300XXELL5 Stock ROM
Italy (Vodafone) I9300XXELL5_I9300VFGELL1_OMN.zip
Ireland (Vodafone) I9300XXELL5_I9300VFGELL1_VDI.zip
Germany (Vodafone) I9300XXELL5_I9300VFGELL1_VD2.zip
Romania (Vodafone) I9300XXELL5_I9300VFGELL1_CNX.zip
Spain (Vodafone) I9300XXELL5_I9300VFGELL1_ATL.zip
United Kingdom (Vodafone) I9300XXELL5_I9300VFGELL1_VOD.zip
Switzerland (Swisscom) I9300XXELL5_I9300SWCELL1_SWC.zip
Slovenia (Si.mobil) I9300XXELL5_I9300VFGELL1_SIM.zip
– Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Stock Firmware
Disclaimer: Proceed and use this method solely at your own risk! If you don’t truly understand what this means, then leave your device untouched.
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) stock ROM:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Q: My device now runs with custom ROM does it safe to flash?
A: Yes, All you need to do is reset factory settings/data wipe data .
Here’s what to do first: Use Nandroid via CWM or Titanium Backup, to make a back-up copy of all your important data stored from the device.
Q: Can I used this even I came from other country?
A: Yes, but you need to install again the official firmware back to your device untilSamsung release it sooner. Bookmark this post for I will add all 4.1.2 update for all countries here.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
– Remember the APN settings of your network, you will need to re-configure that again after flashing to get rid of Network connection issues.
Install Official Android 4.1. 2.Jelly Bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
I used Poland Stock I9300XXELKCon this guide for it’s the first released. Firmware build numbers sometimes varies on each specific countries and network providers.
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar.
SS_DL.dll (this cannot be used but do not delete, it’s the firmware extension driver file)
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold theVolume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get intodownload mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already upgraded to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.
If you encountered flashing error, see full detailed guide here for installing stock ROM.