United Kingdom gets new firmware build I9300XXEMB1 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 unbranded or unlocked version. This an update from December released I9300XXELLA 4.1.2, UK’s Galaxy S3 has not received January’s update I9300XXEMA2 4.1.2 same as of Germany which both countries first received the “Exynos Exploit” fix or the “security enhancement” update.
Software Update: I9300XXEMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Region: United Kingdom
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300
Carrier: Unbranded, SIM Free
This firmware build was spotted earlier and loaded already at Samsung Kies firmware server. So, just check it out and fire up your Kies to get this I9300XXEMB1 4.1.2 update. We don’t have any info of what’s all new about this update and maybe it same as of the I9300XXEMA2, but better discover it out by yourself.
Again this ifor United Kingdom Samsung Galaxy S3 users update only at this stage. We are also keeping an eye for Germany and other countries that might follow.
Galaxy S3 devices that now runs with rooted or custom firmware and modifies recoveries can’t get this update officially from Kies or OTA, since the device is already modified, Kies or OTA updates will just fails your devices from updating. You can grab the stock ROM below if you want to restore back to original firmware.
How to Manually Install Stock I9300XXEMB1 4.1.2 Jelly bean on Samsung Galaxy S3
This is the procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S3 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean I9300XXELLA. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number GT-I9300 only (International version) and cannot be used on U.S and Canada Galaxy S3 variants like SGH I747/M, SCH-I535, SGH-T999/V and SPH-L710 and so on.
Disclaimer: This method is for advance users only, typical users who did not touch or modify their devices can simply update on Kies and OTA only. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide.
Grab the original I9300XXEMB1 unbranded Stock ROM:
United Kingdom: GT-I9300_BTU_I9300XXEMB1_I9300OXAEMB1 Download
Disclaimer: Proceed and use this method solely at your own risk!
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) I9300XXELLA stock ROM:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded I9300XXEMB1_I9300OXAEMB1.zip firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar.
SS_DL.dll (this cannot be used but do not delete, it’s the Kies firmware extension driver file)
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
ex. UK – KIES_HOME_I9300XXEMB1_I9300OXAEMB1.tar.md5
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold theVolume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already I9300XXEMB1 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.