Samsung Galaxy S5 Stock firmware build I9505XXUGNI2 for GT-I9505 and still base on Android 4.4.2 update. The I9505XXUGNI2 has began rolling out via Over-the-air OTA update. for branded Samsung galaxy S5 in select network providers in Europe. The I9505XXUGNI2 points out that it is a carrier branded firmware for Orange and EE’s GT-I9505 Galaxy S5 as of this writing.
In addition, though basbeand version has changed to I9505XXUGNI2 it still shows the same kernel version to older firmware update build I9505XXUGNG8. This update might only exclusively built for Orange and EE’s Samsung Galaxy S5 GT-I9505 that has’nt took any update since the previous rolled out 4.4.2 I9505XXUFNC4 on April.
Technical Details of Android 4.4.2/ Baseband I9505XXUGNI2
Device name: Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (Snapdragon)
Model number: GT-I9505
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: I9505XXUGNI2
Kernel-Version 3.4.0-2309103 Tue Sep 09 2014
Build number KOT49H.I9505XXUGNI2
So for those who still got an untouched Galaxy S5 GT-I9505, I mean not rooted and been into any modification can simply take the software update either via Over the air (OTA) update and or by firing up Kies in their computer. Those who have a rooted devices and might not seen the updated or just receives an error that says something like “Your Device has been Modified” then you can grab the original 4.4.2 Firmware Update I9505XXUGNI2 below. As this is the last resort to install the official 4.4.2 update if you have a modified phone.
In addition to the technical side of I9505XXUGNI2 4.4.2 update, it has the same changelist value to recent 4.4.2 updates in Europe countries. So the main features of the 4.4.2 such as the new camera shortcut in the lockscreen and white status bar and among new stuff like cloud printing support and etc.
Download Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (Snapdragon) I9505XXUGNI2 4.4.2 Stock or Official Firmware
Again, the I9505XXUGNI2 can be downloaded via OTA and through Samsung Kies. Below are the official Galaxy S5 Stock Firmware build I9505XXUGNI2 4.4.2 KitKat for advanced users that wants to update right now without waiting before it appears on Kies or released by your network operators.
Important Reminders before you install the I9505XXUGNI2 4.4.2 Stock Firmware
Will this trip KNOX warranty void flag counter to 0×1?
Nup, this is an official and signed firmware from Samsung, so flashing official firmware will not trip KNOX.
My Galaxy S4 is rooted, will I lose root?
If your device is currently rooted you will lose root after flash, but you can still root it again if you want.
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S4 is fully charge.
- Stock Firmware packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it doesn’t delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-WIpe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe if something went wrong during the flashing process.
- Use a computer and a laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. Odin will not work on MAC OS.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Galaxy S4.
- Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – while if you are on 4.3 just hit Settings>About Phone> then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appear.
- Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
- Note: The Android 4.4.2 KitKat now comes with a new protected bootloader that might cause issues when you try to downgrade to the old software updates. This also applies if you are planning into rooting and installs any custom recovery and any unsigned firmware once you are on 4.4.2 KitKat, so please be aware with that.
Install the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 USB driver
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. You may also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘Phone Bootloader Update’ (only if your device runs on 4.3) , ‘AUTO-REBOOT’ and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes must be checked. Only the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked.
Reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into Download Mode
To reboot the Galaxy S4 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock I9505XXUGNI2 4.4.2 Android KitKat firmware file
The stock firmware is pack in a single .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start Odin stock firmware flashing
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until it says PASS!!
When the Stock Firmware installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware
Go to Settings>About Phone>Firmware info.
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock firmware on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolve it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and or try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, it isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs. Also try to use another computer or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: This eventually happens if your device came from custom firmware but you can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy S4 in Normal mode.
That’s it! If you found some interesting features, including bugs and other issues to this I9505XXUGNI2 4.4.2 KitKat update, just drop it on our comment form below.