Lollipop 5.0.1 firmware update build I9505XXUHOE3 is recently pushed on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. The I9505XXUHOE3 5.0.1 update is noticeably smoother and faster in processing aspects. Though it has no any other visual changes to the Lollipop features but some Google apps has been updated to the latest version. The latter also returned the “Do not disturb mode” and evidently it has been well optimized Lollipop update.
Moreover, the I9505XXUHOE3 Lollipop 5.0.1 update is gradually rolled out in Europe on both carrier branded and unlocked Galaxy S3 GT-I9505. Those who did not root nor modified their Galaxy S4 can get this update via Over the air and by using Kies 3. While those who have root and modified devices and want to restore back to stock you may just grab this new firmware build version I9505XXUHOE3.
Technical details of the I9505XXUHOE3 5.0.1 Lollipop
Device name: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Snapradgon)
Model number: Samsung GT-I9505
Android version: 5.0.1 (Lollipop OS)
Baseband version: I9505XXUHOE3
Kernel version: 3.4.0-4760392
Build number: LRX22C.I9505XXUHOE3
The I9505XXUHOE3 is now available and can be seen via Over-The-Air (OTA) update and by using Kies. The stock firmware I9505XXUHOE3 is for those advanced users that may want to manually upgrade right now. The stock firmware had been also very useful for those who might have had a rooted and modified Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and couldn’t get any official update anymore. You can use the manual method instead if the device will no longer receive any official update via Kies or OTA update. So it is much better to manually install it or otherwise you device may stuck on outdated firmware build.
FAQ’s About using stock firmware:
Stock firmware can be use for:
- Remove root on a rooted Galaxy S3.
- Return back from modified to official firmware.
- To repair soft-bricks such bootloops, stuck at welcome screen logo.
- Manually upgrade if you have missed the OTA update.
Q: Will this trip KNOX warranty void flag counter to 0×1?
A: No, this an official and signed firmware from Samsung, so flashing official firmware will not trip KNOX.
Q: My Galaxy S4 is rooted, will I lose root?
A: If your device was rooted you will lose root right after the installation finished as the device OS will then restored back to the official default settings.
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S4 battery is fully charge.Stock Firmware packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it does not delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-Wipe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe if something went wrong during the flashing process.For a cleaner installation you should clean-up the memory cache of your device performing factory reset in recovery mode. (read the bottom of this post for the instructions)Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. Odin will not work on MAC OS.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Galaxy Note 4.
- Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – Go to Settings>About Phone> then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appear.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – juts tap on Settings>>Security>>Reactivation Lock and then unchecked the Turn Reactivation lock on.
- Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
How to Install the I9505XXUHOE3 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware
Download the I9505XXUHOE3 5.0.1 Lollipop Stock Firmware
These are all official unbranded and branded I9505XXUHOE3 5.0.1 stock firmware, some have universal CSC files for Europe countries. It is original, untouched and directly pulled from Samsung Kies server.
Bosnia & Herzegovina – I9505XXUHOE3 ERO (link)
Bulgaria – I9505XXUHOE3 BGL (link)
Croatia (Tele2) – I9505XXUHOE3 TWO (link)
Cyprus – I9505XXUHOE3 CYO (link)
Czech Republic – I9505XXUHOE3 ETL (link)
France – I9505XXUHOE3 XEF (link)
Greece – I9505XXUHOE3 EUR (link)
Hungary – I9505XXUHOE3 XEH (link)
Hungary (Telenor)- I9505XXUHOE3 PAN (link)
Italy (Tim) – I9505XXUHOE3 TIM (link)
Macedonia – I9505XXUHOE3 VIM (link)
Poland – I9505XXUHOE3 XEO (link)
Poland (Plus) – I9505XXUHOE3 PLS (link)
Romania – I9505XXUHOE3 ROM (link)
Slovakia – I9505XXUHOE3 ORX (link)
Slovenia – I9505XXUHOE3 SIO (link)
South East Europe – I9505XXUHOE3 SEE (link)
Spain – I9505XXUHOE3 PHE (link)
Spain (Movistar) – I9505XXUHOE3 XEC (link)
United Kingdom – I9505XXUHOE3 BTU(link)
Note: Some of these stock ROM are unbranded while others are carrier branded packages. If you are about to install the unbranded ones on a carrier branded or carrier locked Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), you’ll lose the default logo and apps of that said network operator. It will just de-brand but it and you’ll lose some important apps on that particular network provider.
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. Also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the both ‘AUTO-REBOOT’ and ‘F.RESET TIME’ check-boxes must be checked. Only the ‘RE-PARTITION’ remains unchecked.
Reboot your Galaxy S4 into Download Mode
To reboot the Galaxy S4 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously. You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone into your computer
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB. In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the I9505XXUHOE3 5.0.1 Android Lollipop stock
The stock firmware is pack in a single .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load the firmware file like this “I9505XXUHOE3_I9505OXXHOF1_HOME.tar.md5″
Hit “Start” to Flash the Lollipop 5.0.1 stock
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock-ROM. Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until it get PASS!!
When the Stock Firmware installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware
Confirm your fresh firmware installed. Go to Settings>About Device, then look for the baseband version and build number, it must be on I9505XXUHOE3.
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock firmware on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and or try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver .
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, it isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs. Also try to use another computer or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: This is eventually happens if your device came from custom firmware but you can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Performing Factory Wipe Cache Data Reset
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy S4 in Normal mode.