Update to build I9505XXUHOH2 have been officially released on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. This update mainly brings some few but newer changes to the device including some bug-fixes and to enhanced the device performance. The I9505XXUHOH2 update includes fixes to possible Stagefright vulnerabilities. Adding to that is the Smart Manager apps to which will allow user’s to optimize the battery life performance and monitor the memory usage.
The Smart Manager shows the current battery usage, memory usage, and RAM. Furthermore, while taking some few test run, it seems that this update is likely much snappier when it come to speed and running some few apps at a time. So those who might have missed the update via OTA and KIES, you can still install the I9505XXUHOH2 5.0.1 update manually by flashing the stock firmware itself.
Details of the I9505XXUHOH2 Android 5.0.1 Update
Device: Galaxy S4
Model number: GT-I9505
Android version: 5.0.1 (Lollipop OS)
Baseband version: I9505XXUHOH2
Kernel version: 3.4.5-5648926
Build number: LRX22C.I9505XXUHOH2
Features and Enhancements of I9505XXUHOH2 Update
- Fixes to (Stagefright) vulnerability.
- Smart Manager for Battery, memory and RAM usage.
- Google apps (Word, Excell and etc.)
- Stability and further improvements to the device performance.
Download the I9505XXUHOH28Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware:
Take note: This firmware is for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (Snapdragon) only. DO Not ever use it on GT-I9500 (Exynos) version, including those branded Galaxy S4 models from US and Canada.
Germany – I9505XXUHOH2_DBT (link)
France – I9505XXUHOH2_XEF (link)
Romania – I9505XXUHOH2_ROM (link)
Luxembourg – I9505XXUHOH2_LUX (link)
Portugal – I9505XXUHOH2_TPH (link)
Baltic States – I9505XXUHOH2_SEB (link)
South East Europe – I9505XXUHOH2_SEE (link)
Slovakia – I9505XXUHOH2_XSK (link)
Czech Republic – I9505XXUHOH2_O2C (link)
The I9500XXUHOH2 Android 5.0.1 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 can be officially downloaded and installed via Samsung Kies. Below is the official build I95050XXUHOH2 stock firmware which was pulled from Samsung Kies firmware server for all advanced users all over the world that wants to manually update right now.
Important Note: Flashing I9505XXUHOH2 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware
- Make a full back-up of all important data stored from your phone and saved it in your computer. I highly recommend this as we are going to perform a full factory data reset.
- Perform a Full wipe factory data/reset before and after flashing so your phone cache will be cleaned-up and help get rid of lag issues once the installation is finished. Read at the bottom of this post for performing factory reset.
- Re-charge your phone’s battery.
- Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB data cable.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – Settings > About Phone, then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appears. Hit back to Home > Settings > Developer option > Enable USB debugging.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – This is only needed if you already turned-it-ON, from which you cannot modify the system when it’s turned-ON. Go to Settings > Security > Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on.
Q: My Samsung Galaxy S4 is rooted, will I lose root once installed the officialfirmware?
If your device is currently rooted you will lose root after flash, but you can still root it again if you want.
Q: Will this method triggers KNOX Warranty counter to 0x1?
No, this is an official and signed Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware released by Samsung, so flashing official firmware will not harm KNOX warranty void flag.
Q: Can I flashed this on-top of any Android 4.4.2 KitKat?
Yes, as long as your Galaxy S4 is running on the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat such as the following:
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Install the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 USB driver.
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. Also, you need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in ZIP so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin.
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ‘AUTO-REBOOT’ and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes must be checked. Only the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked.
Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S4 into Download Mode.
To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. he download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop.
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a message says “Added” on a logcat box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock I9505XXUHOH2 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware.
The stock firmware is packed in a single .tar.md5 file only. Simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start Flashing the I9505XXUHOH2 stock firmware.
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finished.
Wait until you see the PASS!! message.
When the Stock Firmware installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
How to get rid of lag issues and achieved a more stable Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy S4
Some folks might have miss this part, then there goes this lag problem here and there. This will also affects the battery life performance. So it is much better to perform a full wipe and factory reset once before and after flashing a stock firmware. This will not just avoid getting into any issues, but you can can also achieved a cleaner and fresher firmware installation. Just do make sure you all important data has a backup copy and already saved in safe place before doing this. This process does not cover on any outdated apps that causes incompatibility issues on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OS, all you need is find any updates on that particular apps to fixed any issues.
Performing Full Wipe Data/Factory Reset on Samsung Galaxy S4 in Recovery Mode
- Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
- Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
- Next select the “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Lastly, select “Reboot System Now” to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 in normal mode.