Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean build JDQ39 leaks out today. Nexus advance users can now take advantage from upgrading from 4.1.1 JRO03O to 4.2.2 build JDQ39. As usual like any other leaked firmware, this file is packed in OTA zip which can be easily applied on the Galaxy Nexus if it is already rooted and installed with custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
So, if you are interested and wants to give it a try. you can grab the, stock 4.2.2 JDQ39 OTA zip on the link below. Upon installing this version, you can have a sneak preview of what’s inside for the upcoming 4.2.2 build
Install JDQ39 4.2.2 for rooted with custom recovery:
You must run with stock 4.1.1 JRO03O, rooted and installed with custom recovery prior to install JDQ39 4.2.2.
1. Download the 4.2.2 JDQ39 XDA (thanks to oldblue910)
Copy it to the SDcard memory.
2. Reboot the Galaxy Nexus into recovery. Press and hold
Volume Up and Down and Power button simultaneously until it displays a “Start” button.
3. Toggle down using volume keys and select “install zip from sdcard.”
4. Locate the file you have downloaded and then select it.
5. Wait until it finishes, the reboot your phone.
6. Enjoy the 4.2.2
For unrooted Galaxy Nexus devices and still run with stock recovery, you can also install it via “ADB sideload”.
I want you head-over to drod-life on how to perform “ADB sideload” command.