Another 4.2.2 update has recently released for United States version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113). The new software update comes with build number P3113UEUCMK3, and this could be a minor update but might added some important bug-fixes from previous build P3113UEUCMH2. This update might sort-out some problems found on MH2 update where some users having troubles regrading WiFi connection stability and there are some reported about bootloop issues. Maybe it sounds weird to you if you did not encountered those issues, but it sometimes happens massively or otherwise just a case-to-case basis or on any individual users only.
So those, who might wanted for some fixes, you should update your Galaxy P3113 tablet now. This 4.2.2 P3113UEUCMK3 update has been floating around in Samsung Kies server. If you update through OTA with a WiFi connection, you should head over to your device Settings>>About Device>>Check for update and then take it from there. Those who prepared Kies software update tool, you can grab Kies from Samsung then install it in your computer. There are two Kies in there, which works for Windows and Mac computers. Juts simply follow the instructions from Samsung on how to update your Galaxy Tab 2 through Kies or over-the-air.
Stock Firmware: (P3113UEUCMK3 4.2.2)
Here’s the original stock firmware P3113UEUCMK3 for advanced users use that may have rooted their devices and can’t get this update officially. Once your device has been modified this is the other way you can return back or update your tablet to official firmware.
How to Manually Install P3113UEUCMK3 stock ROM
This guide is for advance users only, those who have rooted and installed with modifiedfirmware on their Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, for your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware and you can simply update without facing any issues.
Disclaimer: Though this method is proven safe but you may use this guide solely at your own risk!
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
Grab Odin3_v3.07 download
Install the USB Driver: download
Download the original P3113UEUCMK3 stock firmware:
U.S.A. – XAR_P3113UEUCMK3_P3113XARCMK3.zip link
Canada – XAC_P3113UEUCMK3_P3113XACCMK3.zip link
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware, you may use, 7zip,winzip, winrar and etc.
2. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
3. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
4. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition” , just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
5. In Odin, click the PDA button. Select the ‘HOME_XAR_P3113UEUCMK3_1978026_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5′ file you extracted.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow and shows the current com port you Galaxy Tab 2 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odin doesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB port or USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
Optional: Perform ‘Factory Data Reset’ to gain a fresh firmware installation and get rid of any issues.
If you have something to mention, like interesting features, improvements and even bugs or any problems you may encounter, just drop it on the comment form below so others may also know.