For those who might been waiting for the official Android 4.1.2 jelly bean update for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi version only GT-P3110. Samsung has started pushing the 4.1.2 update in selected countries wordlwide such as Hong Kong, Croatia, Russia, Israel and now hitting in Italy and other Europe countries. All other countries might wait for a while until this rolls out reaches in your specific areas.
But for those advance users, who are too familiar using the stock ROM, you can manually upgrade your Galaxy Tab 2 7″ Wi-Fi to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean in no time.
How to Manually Install P3110XXCMA2 stock ROM
This guide is for advance users only and for those who have rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3110 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Typical users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, for your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware and you can simply update without facing any issues via Kies or OTA.
Disclaimer: Though this method is proven safe but you may use this guide solely at your own risk!
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device such as contacts,SMS,emails, photos, videos and etc. (use any apps to do this easily)
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data/dalvik cache via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
- Grab Odin3_v3.07
- Install the USB Driver
Download the original P3110XXDMA2 stock firmware ( All stock ROM are unbranded versions)
- Italy – ITV_P3110XXDMA2 (works best for Europe variants)
- Russia SER_P3110XXDMA2
- Croatia CRG_P3110XXDMA2
- Cyprus -CYV_P3110XXDMA2
- Kazakhstan -SKZ_P3110XXDMA2
- Hong Kong -TGY_P3110ZSDMB4
Update: New Android 4.2.2 Firmware Updates. Use it instead as it includes several bug-fixes and enhancements.
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware. You can use winzip, 7zip or any extracting tool installed in your computer.
2. Run Odin flasher tool.
3. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition” , just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
4. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
5. In Odin, click the PDA button and select Kies_Home_P3110XXDMA2_P3110ITVDMB1.tar.md5 file you extracted.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow and shows the current com port you Galaxy Tab 2 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odin doesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try anotherUSB port or USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
If you have something to mention regarding this update , just drop it on the comment form. Enjoy!