AT&T and Samsung has officially released the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on AT&T Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890. The update comes as build G890AUCU3BOJE, to which mainly upgrade the device from Android 5.0 .2 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The 5.1.1 updadte also brings several features like the AT&T Video Calling, Android for Work, Advanced Messaging, and enables the Samsung Pay support. However, those who might not been be able to get the update via OTA if the device has been rooted and already modified. Then here is the untouched G890AUCU3BOJE 5.1.1 stock firmware itself to which directly taken from Samsung public server. Be thankful to Samsung itself, noting that these folks did released any previous software update’s stock firmware.
Details of G890AUCU3BOJE 5.1.1 Update:
- Device name: AT&T Galaxy S6 Active
- Model number: SM-G890A
- Android version: 5.1.1
- Baseband version: G890AUCU3BOJE
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-6145392 dpi@SWCH3906#1
- Build number: LMY47X.G890AUCU3BOJE
Link 1: G890AUCU3BOJE_G890AATT3BOJE_ATT.zip
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you will not screw-up your phone:
• Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
• Make sure that your Galaxy S6 Active battery is fully charged to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
• Prepare a PC, this will not work on Mac.
• Enable USB debugging mode if you are having issues connecting your device to the computer try to enable the this option. In your Samsung Galaxy S6 Active go to Settings>> About device>> then look for the firmware “Build number” and then tap that build number for around 7-times. Then hit back to Settings > Developer option > Enable USB.
• TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – Got Settings > Security > Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on. This is only needed if you already turned-it-ON, from which you cannot modify the system when it’s turned-ON.
1) Download the firmware packages and ensure that you have installed the USB drivers first.
2) Run Odin3_v3.10 flasher program. DO NOT touch the default options such as check-marked boxes “Auto-Reboot” and “F-Reset Time” while leaving the “Re-Partition” unchecked.
3) Reboot the Galaxy S6 Active into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Then press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
4) Connect the USB data cable from Phone to PC. The ID:COM box will turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and recognized with Odin.
5) Load the stock firmware on each designated slots.
For single-packed stock firmware only: Just click on the AP button then select and load the single NC2 stock firmware packed.
6) Lastly, tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
Do not disconnect nor do anything when the phone is already in flash mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do full wipe data factory reset again just right after flashing. This is only optional just in-case you’ll want to get rid of lag issues after flashing. Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.