Galaxy S5 SM-G900H official firmware update build number G900HXXU1BOI3. The G900HXXU1BOI3 is still base in Android 5.0 Lollipop and was officially released in Latin America’s Galaxy S5 owners. Again, the stock firmware below is only for those who have modified devices. If you haven’t touched your phone you can do the update automatically via Over-The-Air or using Kies 3.
While looking at G900HXXU1BOI3 update itself, it has the same kernel version to the previously released build version G900HXXU1BOE2. But this update is a lot more improved as it is added with security updates, and further imrprovements to performance.
Technical Details of G900HXXU1BOI3 Android 5.0 Firmware:
Device: Samsung Galaxy S5
Model number: SM-G900H
Android version: 5.0 (Lollipop OS)
Baseband version: G900HXXU1BOE1
Kernel version: 3.4.0-4521975
Build number: LRX21T.
SE for Android status: Enforcing
The G900HXXU1BOI3 Android 5.0 Lollipop update on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H can be officially downloaded and installed via Samsung Kies if you are from Latin America. Below is the official stock firmware build G900HXXU1BOI3 to which was been pulled from Kies firmware server for all advanced users all over the world that wants to install the said update.
Important Note: Flashing G900HXXU1BOI3 Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware
- Make a full backup of all important data stored from your phone and saved it in your computer. I highly recommend this as we are going to perform a full factory data reset.
- Perform a Full wipe factory data/reset before and after flashing so your phone cache will be cleaned-up and help get rid of lag issues once the installation is finished. Read at the bottom of this post for performing a factory reset.
- Re-charge your phone’s battery.
- Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB data cable.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H. Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings – Settings > About Phone, then scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times ’til the Developer option appears. Hit back to Home > Settings > Developer option > Enable USB debugging.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – This is only needed if you already turned-it-ON, from which you cannot modify the system when it’s turned-ON. Go to Settings>>Security>>Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on.
Q: My Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H is rooted, will I lose root?
If your device is currently rooted you will lose root after flash, but you can still root it again if you want.
Q: Will this method triggers KNOX Warranty counter to 0x1?
No, this is an official and signed Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware released by Samsung, so flashing official firmware will not harm KNOX warranty void flag.
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Download the G900HXXU1BOI3 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware:
Install the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H USB driver.
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. You may also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin.
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘Phone Bootloader Update’ (only if your device runs on 4.3) , ‘AUTO-REBOOT’ and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes must be checked. Only the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked.
Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H into Download Mode.
To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H into download mode, you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. he download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop.
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a message says “Added” on a log cat box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. If you do not see a COM port number in Odin then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock G900HXXU1BOI3 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware.
The stock firmware is packed in a single .tar.md5 file only. Simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start Flashing the G900HXXU1BOI3 stock firmware.
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until you see the PASS!! message.
When the Stock Firmware installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s about time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
How to get rid of lag issues and achieved a more stable Android 5.0 on your Galaxy S5
Some folks might miss this part, then there goes this lag problem here and there. This will also affects the battery life performance. So it is much better to perform a full wipe and factory reset once before and after flashing a stock firmware. This will not just avoid getting into any issues, but you can can also achieved a cleaner and fresher firmware installation. Just do make sure you all important data has a back-up copy and already saved in safe place before doing this.
Performing Full Wipe Data/Factory Reset on Samsung Galaxy S5 in Recovery Mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the “Wipe Cache Partition”.
5. Lastly, select “Reboot System Now” to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H in Normal mode.