Here’s the full stock firmware I337UCUFNB1, the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for AT&T’s Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. The I337UCUFNB1 has been pushed on February 26 and replaces the old Android 4.3 I337UCUEMK2 version. The stock firmware can only be used by those who had their phone rooted and still did not received this update via OTA and that’s because your device is already modified. So the only way you can upgrade your phone to the official 4.4.2 KitKat update is by downloading the I337UCUFNB1 full 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware from below source. This also useful if you want to return back your phone to its original firmware from any 4.4.2 custom based ROM you are using. Once on 4.4.2 you cannot use or downgrade back the old firmware versions for it breaks the bootloader image.
I337UCUFNB1 4.4.2 KitKat Update Changelog
Here are the changes and features officially addressed by Samsung.
Software update includes:
The update includes:
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
Upgrade Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat I337UCUFNB1 (Odin Stock Firmware method)
Disclaimer: This method is used by Android developers and advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device from using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Warning: This stock ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy S4 by AT&T with SGH-I337 specific model only. Do not ever try to use this firmware on any other Samsung Galaxy S4 variants.
Q: Will I lose root once I install the I337UCUFNB1 Full Stock 4.4.2 Firmware?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official firmware.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to I337UCUFNB1 version?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted, but be aware about the new KNOX security platform hidden inside the system that completely voids the warranty of your device once gets tripped by means of rooting or installing any custom recovery. This sets “KNOX warranty Void: 0×1 from 0×0″ (You can see this when you set your device in download mode). This cannot be reset by any hacking method except by Samsung service personnel using a special reset tool of-course or by replacing the whole PCB board.
Download and Install the I337UCUFNB1 Stock Firmware:
Download the firmware packaged then unzip it once after downloaded. Download here
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not mess your phone:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Galaxy S4 battery is fully re-charge to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
I337UCUFNB1 Odin Procedures:
1) Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip,winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Just click on the “AP button” then select and load the binary image.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Reboot the Galaxy S4 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that theinstallation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from your computer.
Fix for Possible Issues After installing I337UCUFNB1 Full Stock 4.4.2 Firmware
If you get bootloops or stuck at welcome screen logo, this is seemingly normal when your device comes from a modified firmware. All you need to do is perform the advanced full factory reset method. This will wipe all the remaining data from your device so again, you should already have the back-up copy of all of files before doing this.
Again, this is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloops and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresher and a cleaner firmware installation.