Spain’s users of the unbranded Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 will also now enjoys the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with firmware build I9300XXELLC that targets in fixing the infamous “Exynos Memory Bug. The 4.1.2 Jelly Bean that also features a “Multi-Window” function is now the most latest software build for Android devices except for Google lined-up slates which is 4.2.1. The said Exynos memory bug that has been reported as a treat to users affected devices like Samsung Galaxy S2/S3, Galaxy Note 2 and all other Exynos based devices. This has been first released in UK on January 2nd with firmware build I9300XXELLA and now also hitting all other countries around the world with each unique build numbers.
Update Build: I9300XXELLC Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
The complete firmware build number is JZO54K.I9300XXELLC an update from earlier released I9300XXELL4 or I9300XXELL5.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 (unbranded)
Build Number: JZO54K.I9300XXELLC
Android version: 4.1.2 aka Jelly Bean
Build Date: Dec-28-2012
Released Date: Jan-12-2013
You can directly check the update thru your device Settings>About>Check for Update or just grab the latest Samsung Kies for Galaxy S III GT-I9300 and follow the step by step procedure on how to upgrade from Samsung support page.
How to Manually Install the I9300XXELLC Android 4.1.2 Latest Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3
Thus who now runs with rooted or custom firmware and modifies recoveries can’t get this update officially from Kies or OTA, since the device is already modified, Kies or OTA updates will just fails your devices from updating.
This is the procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S3 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean I9300XXELLC. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number GT-I9300 only (International version) and cannot be used on U.S and Canada Galaxy S3 variants like SGH I747/M, SCH-I535, SGH-T999/V and SPH-L710 and so on.
Warning: This method is for advance users only, typical users who did not touch or modify their devices can simply update on Kies and OTA only.
Samsung Galaxy S3: Odin flasher tool and USB Driver
Disclaimer: Proceed and use this method solely at your own risk!
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) I9300XXELLC stock ROM:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
Install I9300XXELLC Official Jelly Bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded I9300XXELLC_I9300PHEELL3.zip firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar.
SS_DL.dll (this cannot be used but do not delete, it’s the Kies firmware extension driver file)
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
ex. PDA: – KIES_HOME_I9300XXELLC_I9300PHEELL3_764725_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold theVolume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already I9300XXELLC 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.