Those of you might already installed the leaked Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean i9300xxufmb3 and found something a little bit annoying, you can try to restore back to official 4.1.2 I9300XXEMB5 which is rather very smoother than the leak version. Those who never tried this latest update, you can manually upgrade too.
The 4.1.2 Jelly Bean will be the last update for the Galaxy S3 for a while but the odds are high that the Galaxy S3 will benefit the Android 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 update after the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4. Maybe this is due to Samsung Galaxy S4 marketing campaign, either you like it or not we should wait. The official Android 4.2 update is too close, the leaked 4.2.1 builds is a full- proof of its close completion and there are lots of custom build ROMs based on 4.2.2 AOSP around. So, there is nothing to argue and worry about but the only questions remains is when?.
I9300XXEMB5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
This update initially release in United Kingdom – ‘BTU’ and now followed in Nordic Countries version “NEE’. So below are two official I9300XXEMB5 stock firmware.
Grab one of these firmware:
UK – BTU_I9300XXEMB5
Nordic Countries – NEE_I9300XXEMB5
Here: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Stock Firmware
Disclaimer: Proceed and use this method solely at your own risk!
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded I9300XXEMB5.zip firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar. Use winzip, 7zip, winrar or any other extracting tool you had in your computer.
SS_DL.dll (this cannot be used but do not delete, it’s the Kies firmware extension driver file)
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
ex. UK – KIES_HOME_I9300XXEMB5_I9300OXAEMB5_996085_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold theVolume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already I9300XXEMB5 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.