It turns out that Samsung is working hard to make a much more stable firmware build for Samsung Galaxy S3. Today, Samsung has unleashed another Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with latest firmware build I9300XXEMC2 and now officially heading to Europe regions such as UK, Germany, Czech Republic, the South Eastern part of Europe and probably to arrive gradually worldwide.
Now, what’s might gonna be new and other stuff added on this Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ‘I9300XXEMC2’ update, considering that maybe some you are now expecting for higher Android versions such as 4.2.1 that was already leaked recently or the 4.2.2 which can be found like on Google Nexuses device.
Samsung seems main objective of this update is to bring users a smoother and faster firmware builds and constantly fixes some issues and trying to make it a bug-free in all level. So, again if you might want to take advantage to this recent update on your Galaxy S3’s with this I9300XXEMC2 releases, just grab the original stock ROM from below source.
Manually Install I9300XXEMC2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Again, this update is now officially release in United Kingdom, Germany, Czech Republic, the South Eastern part of Europe. If you came from those said countries you can simply update your Galaxy S3 through Samsung KIES or OTA. Below are the official I9300XXEMC2 stock firmware for developers and advance users, and can be flash using ODIN.
Disclaimer: This guide is for advance users only, if this your first time heard about this method, make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
GT-I9300 USB Driver download
Germany – DBT I9300XXEMC2 I9300DBTEMC1 (best for flashing GT-i9300 Dutch devices)
UK – BTU I9300XXEMC2 I9300OXAEMC2 (best for flashing GT-i9300 global versions )
Czech Republic – XEZ I9300XXEMC2 I9300OXXEMC1 link
Greece – EUR_I9300XXEMC2 I9300OXXEMC1
Poland – XEO_I9300XXEMD2_I9300OXXEMD1
Spain – PHE_I9300XXEMC2_I9300PHEEMD1
– Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Stock Firmware
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and to avoid power failure issues while updating.
– Close running softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded I9300XXEMC2.zip firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar. Use winzip, 7zip, winrar or any other extracting tool you had in your computer.
SS_DL.dll (this cannot be used but do not delete, it’s the Kies firmware extensiondriver file)
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
ex. UK – KIES_HOME_I9300XXEMC2_I9300OXAEMC2_1042335_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold theVolume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already I9300XXEMC2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.