LG Optimus Black P970 official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich has already began rolling out around the globe. The ICS software update now has four builds – V30A, V30B, V30C and V30D, it depends of which country or carrier providers it belongs to. This update is already push via OTA (over-the air) or using LG’s software update tool. Below is a guide on how to manually upgrade your device if somehow you missed the official ICS update.
The most recent updates are the V30C and v30D, but for now only the V30C is available for grab, the V30D is on queue and ca also be available soon.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if something happens to your device. We are not the developer of this ROM. Proceed at your own risk!
Prerequisites before installing the V30C V30D ICS update
– Back-up and sync all important data files from the phone.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Configure your phone: Settings -> Applications -> Development, Tick USB Debugging
– Use PC/laptops runs on Windows OSX
– Your LGP9070 USB cable
Installing the V30C or V30D KDZ ROM file
1. Install USB driver
2. Download and install Software Update utility
3. Download the KDZ ROM update
4.Connect the phone but DO NOT turn on USB storage
5. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe as Administrator
6. Set “Type” and “Phone Mode”
Select the .kdz file you downloaded in step 2
Press Lauch Software Update to start and wait (for 6~10 minutes) until you see –FINISHED– line.
Sometimes it takes your phone into Emergency mode. Then it will reboot normally. Of somehow it just stuck on splash screen logo, you can simply fix it by turning it off thend then press and hold the [Power] + [Volume Down] + [Home] buttons then release the buttons ’till you see the droid with the progress bar under it.
Flashing the ICS v30C or V30D BIN and FLS files using Smart Flasher Tool
Grab the following files.
USB driver – (get from above link)
Stock ROM BIN/FLS files – Bin/Fls: http://d-h.st/Zu7
1. Install the USB driver first
2. Extract or unzip the Smart Flash Tool program.
3. Extract or unzip downloaded V30A,V30B,V30C or V30D SFT Bin and FLS files, preferred location on C: drive, firmware pack: Then you’ll get the two specific files BIN and FLS.
4. Run B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe
5. Configure SmartFlasher Tool and Load the files:
- ROM copy D/L bookmark
- in Select mode choose Normal mode
- Load on CP option the CP.fls file
- Load on AP option the AP.bin file
- Connect the phone in S/W Update mode with battery in it (on the phone that is switched off, plug in USB cable while pressing holding down the “Vol+ button”.
6) choose COM port.
7) choose LGE Mobile USB Serial Port in Communication Driver
8) Hit “START” button and then wait until it finishes flashing.
After successfully flashing, phone will reboot, you may also need to Factory Reset if ever just stuck on welcome screen.