N7100XXUEMK9 the Official Android 4.3 Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)
The official Android 4.3 update has finally arrived for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) international variants. But yet another 4.3 software update now comes in firmware build numbers N7100XXUEMK9, and now rolling out in select European countries. Meaning those who did not root their Galaxy Note 2 will see the 4.3 update available through Kies. The original N7100XXUEMK9 stock firmware is now also available for grab for those who wants to return back their devices to official or stock firmware. This is only for those who have had their Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) rooted and may have been facing issues getting this update officially via OTA or Kies software update tool.
How to Manually Install the N7100XXUEMK9 Official 4.3 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Thus who now runs with rooted or custom firmware and custom recoveries cannot get this update officially from Kies or OTA, since the device is already modified, Kies or OTA updates will just fails your devices from updating.
This is the procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy Note2 to official Android 4.3 Jelly bean N7100XXUEMK9.
Warning: This method is for advance users only, typical users who did not touch or changes their devices MUST ONLY update via Kies and OTA only. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with model number GT-N7100 only (International version) and cannot be used on U.S and Canada Galaxy S3 variants like SGH-I317/M, SGH-T889/V and SPH-L900 and so on.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk! Proceed with extra-precautions.
Download the original N7100XXUEMK9 Unbranded Galaxy Note 2 Stock Firmware
Select the exact stock firmware file according to your country of origin.
United Kingdom – BTU_N7100XXUEMK9 Download
Germany – DBT_N7100XXUEMK9 Download
France – XEF_N7100XXUEMK9 Download
Poland – XEO_N7100XXUEMK9 Download
Netherlands – PHN_N7100XXUEMK9 Download
Nordic Countries – NEE_N7100XXUEMK9 Download
Hungary – XEH_N7100XXUEMK9 Download
Slovakia – SIO_N7100XXUEMK9 Download
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy Note 2 stock firmware:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
– Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar. Use wizip, winrar, 7zip or any extracting tool you had in your computer.
– Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
– Load the binary tar file. Click on the PDA or AP button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
Example of UK’s Galaxy Note 2 4.3 stock firmware:
– Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox, just leave default checked Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time check-boxes.
– Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy Note 2 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down , Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You will then prompts into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
– Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen. You should see an ID:COM turns in bluish color and Odin says added!!. If Odin doesn’t respond when the device connected to the computer then check for possible errors, such as USB cable, USB ports and the USB driver. Do not proceed if the device is not recognized with Odin, it only result to flashing failure.
– Hit the “START’ button.
– Wait until a word “PASS’ appears. (see Odin sample below)
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
Settings>About Device> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already N7100XXUEMK9 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean build.