Manually install the official N900PVPUCNAB 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware on Sprint Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P. The N900PVPUCNAB is the official 4.4.2 KitKat update firmware that is rolled out by Samsung and Sprint via OTA update. This is a direct upgrade from previous Android 4.3 N900PVPUBMJ4. The stock firmware is only for those Sprint Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P users that cannot get the update officially once you have a modified and or currently rooted device. So if you want to upgrade your device to official 4.4.2 KitKat then you may only manually install the unmodified stock firmware. The process will removed your root once you revert back to the official firmware but you may re-root again using the root method you have used or any other working root method for this update.Just read on below for the rest of the guide.
N900PVPUCNAB 4.4.2 KitKat Changelog:
- OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
Again this guide is for advanced users only. If you haven’t touched your device then you should simply update officially OTA update – over-the-air and even Samsung Kies 3.
You will lose root after flashed the N900PVPUCNAB, just look for the root method if already available at XDA-developers.
A Reminders before Flashing N900PVPUCNAB Stock ROM
- Make sure that your Galaxy Note 3 battery is fully charge.
- Stock ROM packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it doesn’t delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-WIpe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe if something went wrong during the flashing process.
- Use a PC or laptop that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. Odin will not work on MAC.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Galaxy Note 3.
- Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings. Go to Settings >About Device > Settings >About Device> Look for the build number, then tap that build number for about 7-times until a message pop-up says you are now a developer.
- Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
- The Android 4.4.2 now comes with a new protected bootloader and will not allow you to downgrade to the old software version. Please be careful if you are planning into rooting and installing any custom recovery once you are on 4.4.2, just find the root method at XDA-developers to keep your device safe.
Very Important Note!
Once you installed and been upgraded to Android 4.4.2 Firmware N900PVPUCNAB, you should not revert back to the old software build version. The 4.4.2 KitKat updates now includes a secured bootloader that may possibly result into unwanted bricks if you downgrade. Furthermore, if future updates came around, you may not also use this firmware for reverting back to official stock. Instead find the original firmware that match with that firmware build version.
Download the needed tools for flashing
N900PVPUCNAB 4.4.2 KitKat Full Stock Firmware: (Download)
Side-note: If your device is currently on rooted 4.3 N900PVPUBMJ4 and have issues installing the 4.4.2 firmware, you may try to revert back to stock 4.3 N900PVPUBMJ4 first (download), then install the 4.4.2 later. Again, you may only install the 4.3 if you have issues updating to 4.4.2 and your device currently run on 4.3.
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. Also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Installing the Full Stock 4.4.2 KitKat N900PVPUCNAB
1.) Run and Configure Odin.
Run Odin Odin3_v3.09.exe on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked, only the ‘AUTO-REBOOT and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes are both remained checked.
2.) Reboot your Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode.
To reboot the Galaxy Note 3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
3.) Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop.
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
4.) Load the stock 4.4.2 N900PVPUCNAB firmware file.
T he stock ROM is pack in One .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
5.) Start Flashing or Installing the N900PVPUCNAB firmware.
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
6.) Wait until Odin show PASS!!
When the Stock ROM installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
7.) Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware
Confirm your fresh firmware installed by typing *#1234# or
Go to Settings>About Device>Device info. (This might not work on 4.4.2 updates)
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock ROM on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, It isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs.
Try to use another PC or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: You can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy Note 3 in Normal mode.
From here you must have upgraded to N900PVPUCNAB Official 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade on your Sprint Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2 SM-N900P.
That’s it! Any further questions, just drop it on our comment form below.