Another 4.4.2 KitKat firmware with build number N900TUVUDNF1 has sent out on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T. The N900TUVUDNF1 is minor update OTA software the brings an system stabilityand improvements to the previous 4.4.2 N900TUVUDNE6 that has brought out last month.
For those who might not been able to get the update, either your Galaxy Note 3 has been modified and or rooted, so therefore installing the stock firmware is the only way you can restore back or update your device to the official 4.4.2 N900TUVUDNF1 update. Just read on below for the step by step guide. Again, this method will removed your root, but you can find a working root method again once you already updated your device.
Firmware build details of the 4.4.2 KitKat N900TUVUDNF1:
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: N900TUVUDNF1
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-1966668
Build Number: KOT49H.N900TUVUDNF1
Changelog of N900TUVUDNF1:
- OS upgrade – (KitKat OS 4.4.2)
- VoLTE fixes and other enhancements.
The stock firmware below is only for those who did not get this update through ‘OTA’ over-the-air or even Kies and had faced issues like “Software Update Failed” or “This device is not supported with kies” and any similar errors. So again, if you want to have the 4.4.2 KitKat update installed on your Galaxy Note 3 just simply grab the 4.4.2 N900TUVUDNF1 stock firmware from the sources below, for this is your other last resort. One more thing, the 4.4.2 update now equipped with a secured bootloader which similarly found on 4.3 updates, some circumstances is that you cannot revert back to the older software update version, for this breaks the bootloader image once gets re-written. So make sure to be aware with that if you are planning to install any ROMs that still based on 4.3 , or 4.2.2. If you are also rooted then you’ll lose root once the 4.4.2 installation has made, that’s because official firmwares wipes-out any modification you have made or installed in your device.
Upgrade T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat via N900TUVUDNF1 Stock Firmware Odin Flashing method
Disclaimer: This method are used by Android developers and advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device from using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Warning: This stock ROM is only compatible for Galaxy Note 3 N900T with SM-N900T (T-Mobile) specific model only. Do not ever try to use this firmware on other Samsung Galaxy Note 3 variants.
Q: Will I lose root once installed the N900TUVUDNF1 update?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official firmware.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to N900TUVUDNF1 4.4.2 KitKat version?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted, but be aware about the new KNOX security platform hidden inside the system that completely voids the warranty of your device once gets tripped by means of rooting or installing any custom recovery. This sets “KNOX warranty Void: 0×1 from 0×0″ (You can see this when you set your device in download mode). This cannot be reset by any hacking method except by Samsung service personnel using a special reset tool of-course.
Download the original N900TUVUDNF1 Stock Firmware:
Stock Odin Firmware N900TUVUDNF1:
Download – N900TUVUDNF1 4.4.2 Stock Firmware -> link
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not screwed-up your phone:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Galaxy Note 3 battery is fully charged to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflict.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
Stock Firmware 4.4.2 N900TUVUDNF1 Odin Flashing Procedures:
1) Extract the downloaded N900TUVUDNF1 firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip,winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin3_v3.09 flasher program.
3) Just click on the PDA button then select and load the N900TUVUDNF1 firmware.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check-boxes.
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloop and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.