Install the Stock Android 5.0 N900VVRUEOB6 for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V. The N900VVRUEOB6 is the first official Android 5.0 Lollipop update to the previous Android 4.4.4 Kitkat build N900VVRUDNK1. This stock firmware is only to those devices that are currently rooted and has been modified and having difficulty getting the OTA update. This is also useful if you may want to unroot and restore your device from any custom ROM.
N900VVRUEOB6 5.0 Technical Details:
Device name: GALAXY Note 3
Model number: SM-N900V
Android Version: 5.0 (Lollipop)
Baseband version: N900VVRUEOB6
Kernel version: 3.4.0
Build number: LRX21V.N900VVRUEOB6
SE for Android status: Enforcing
N900VVRUEOB6 5.0 Changelog:
The official changelog can be found at Verizon wireless support. Most of the stuff found were several bug-fixes, and improvements to performance.
A Reminder on Flashing N900VVRUEOB6 Stock ROM
- Make sure that your Galaxy Note 3 battery is fully charge.
- Stock ROM packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it does not delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-WIpe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe if something went wrong during the flashing process.
- Use a PC that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. Odin will not work on MAC.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Galaxy Note 3.
- Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings. Go to Settings >About Device > Settings >About Device> Look for the build number, then tap that build number for about 7-times until a message pop-up says you are now a developer.
- Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
The Android 5.0 now comes with a new protected bootloader and will not allow you to downgrade to the old software version. Please be careful if you are planning into rooting and installing any custom recovery once you are on 5.0, just find the root method at XDA-developers to keep your device safe.
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. Also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Installing the Full Stock 5.0 Lollipop N900VVRUEOB6
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked, only the ‘AUTO-REBOOT and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes are both remained checked.
Reboot your Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode
To reboot the Galaxy Note 3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode screen will then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock N900VVRUEOB6 firmware file
T he stock ROM is pack in One .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start Flashing or Installing the EOB6 stock
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait ’till it PASS!!
When the Stock ROM installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware
To confirm your fresh firmware installed, Go to Settings>About Device>Device info.
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock ROM on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, It isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs.
Try to use another PC or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: You can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy Note 3 in Normal mode.