Those who might still have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi Gt-P7310 and still stuck on Android 3.2 Honeycomb, you can now upgrade to official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. The Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi might be getting older but this tablet still one of the best tablet of all. Lately, Samsung still releasing an update to some various countries, that doesn’t received the ICS tweaks earlier. So, for those who missed this update from Kies , you can manually upgrade your device now. So, here you go fellas.
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 WiFi to Official ICS 4.0.4 P7310XXLPV
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stockfirmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re all in the UK. This procedure is for advance users only that still currently runs with official stock 3.2 HoneyComb, typical users may only upgrade thru Kies and may not try this method if do not truly understand of what this stuff is all about.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
– Remember the APN settings of your network provider, if you install this on your tab which you
GT-P7310 ICS 4.0.4 Stock ROM
This stock ROM is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7310, already tested and works on all international versions since it’s all the same. The default language according to country of origin, but all other European languages are included in the packaged. So, you may just need to change the default language to your locality, if you want to upgrade now, using the original stock ROM.
- Deutsch (Deutschland)
- Deutsch (Osterreich)
- Deutsch (Schweiz)
- English (Australia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- Espanol (Spania)
- Espanol (Estados Unidos)
- Francais (Belgique)
- Francais (France)
- Nederlands (Belgie)
- Nederlands (Nederland)
- Norsk bokmal
- Portugues (Brasil)
- Portugues (Portugal)
Odin Flasher Guide: Install Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 WiFi Only
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ ans ‘F-Rreset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted
example: P7310XXLPO_P7310XEULPO_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, remove it from computer’s USB connection.
That’s all! Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.