An Italian firmware build P3100XXCMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 is the recent released in Europe region. This update is also release in Hungary under Telenor network. China, Taiwan and Hong Kong received the P3100ZSDMB3 and P3100JKCMB1 in Israel. Samsung has been started rolling out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean for the Galaxy Tab 2 early in December 2012, but until there still some countries not getting this upgrade since the released is in phases basis. Lucky to who already got the upgrade and might need a little more patient for those who hasn’t received yet.
In addition, those who expects the Multi-Window features on this update, heck, I don’t know if it’s already included on this build. Just discover the newly added features and improvements out of your own. This update is already at Samsung’s firmware server. So, anyone from Italy who owns the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 can get this update via Kies.
For those advance users who wants to give a try, just grab the original stock ROM below, it’s unrooted , unmodified or whatsoever. If you need root, you can still root this P3100XXCMB1 4.1.2 version.
How to Manually Install P3100XXCMB1 stock ROM
This guide is for advance users only, those who have rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, for your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware and you can simply update without facing any issues.
Disclaimer: Though this method is proven safe but you may use this guide solely at your own risk!
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
Grab Odin3_v3.07 Odin3_v3.07 link
Install the USB Driver: download
Download the original P3100XXCMB1 stock firmware
Italy – P3100XXCMB1_ITV.zip link
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware. You can use winzip, 7zip or any extracting tool installed in your computer.
2. Run Odin flasher tool.
3. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition” , just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
4. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
5. In Odin, click the PDA button and select P3100XXDMB1_P3100ITVDMB1_P3100XXDLL2_HOME.tar.md5 file you extracted.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow and shows the current com port you Galaxy Tab 2 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odin doesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try anotherUSB port or USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
If you have something to mention regarding this update , just drop it on the comment form. Enjoy!