An ice cream Sandwich Upgrade for United Kingdom’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-6200 is now officially released by Samsung. UK’s update takes for awhile a delay since the ICS began rolling from July which started in Austria. Now, UK users can finally upgrade to its official firmware build with default XEU as CSC file. This United Kingdom’s firmware build number is P6200XXLQ7, which got the modem version of P6200XXLQ1, but this one is the most latest build among from earlier builds like P6200XXLQ1, P6200XXLQ2 and P6200XXLQ6.
If you previously tried out the XXLQ2 and XXLQ6, this firmware looks similar and there’s no major changes and features noticeably added. When it comes to battery consumption its almost equal from other ICS builds. I can’t say that this one is much more stabler, but you can try this one if you had experienced some random reboots and force closes from previous ICS builds.
Software Update P6200XXLQ7 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200
Country: United Kingdom and Ireland
Latest firmware: P6200XXLQ7/P6200XEULP1/P6200XXLQ1/P6200XXLQ7
Android version: 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build date: 8-10-2012
Release date: 11-15-2012
How to Install P6200XXLQ7 XEU UK’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 Official Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware
This is already released in the UK, so only United Kingdom’s user of Galaxy Tab 7 plus can get this officially via Kies or OTA. For those outside UK regions and wants to install this firmware, you need to grab the stock ROM. Flashing with Odin is the installation method used on this process.
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade to it via Kies unless we’re in all in Great Britain.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens t your device for by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the following files:
Original stock ROM:
Odin Flasher Guide: P6200XXLQ7 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6200
1) Extract all the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ ans ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P6200XXLQ7_P6200XEULP1_P6200XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Then remove the phone from PC, once completely rebooted.