Here’s the official Android 4.4.4 stock firmware with build number G900VVRU1ANI2 for Verizon Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V). The stock firmware is useful for those who got the first 4.4.4 G900VVRU1ANHA software update and rushed into rooting and then did not receive this update via big-red’s OTA update and software update utility. This firmware can also fix to those who ended up either into bootloop or just stuck on the welcome screen logo when the update have failed due to the fact that the phone is already modified. Restoring back your phone to the stock firmware will fix it and then your device will be upgraded to the latest 4.4.4 firmware.
The G900VVRU1ANI2 update includes several bug fixes and functionality improvements to be able to utilize the VoLTE, including an improved data connectivity, advanced HD Voice and Video Calling supports.
You can download the G900VVRU1ANI2 4.4.4 Verizon Galaxy S4 stock ROM below and flashed it using Odin flasher. Installing a full firmware packaged is a much better approach when it comes to returning your phone to its factory default firmware, rather than flashing any individual system files like just only the modem image. That’s because there are some circumstances that you may only face issues, including WiFi connectivity and etc.
My phone is rooted will I lose root if I install the G900VVRU1ANI2 4.4.4 update?
If you are worried about your root that may go away, don’t worry about it. The G900VVRU1ANI2 can still be rooted easily without any hiccups, just refer here to learn more on how to root the VRU1ANI2 4.4.4.
Manually Flash G900VVRU1ANI2 4.4.4 Stock Firmware on Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V)
– Make sure your phone is fully re-charge to avoid power interruption and flashing failure.
– Optional: Back up all important files stored from the phone’s internal memory such as contacts, photos, videos, MMS, SMS, emails, docs etc. Though, most stock firmware is non-wipe but there are some which is wipe versions and it will delete all of your files after the process.
– Optional: perform factory reset to gain a smooth firmware flashing without failures.
– Used Windows-based computers or laptops, Odin will not run on Mac.
– Disable any running program on system tray, like Kies, antivirus etc to avoid program conflicts and failures.
– Used the supplied USB data cable of your Galaxy S5, flashing failures is mostly caused by bad USB cable. So, make sure you have a perfectly working USB data cable.
Before you proceed, grab the necessary files for manual flashing.
– Install the USB driver for Samsung Galaxy S5 grab it here, you can also download and install Kies for it also include the needed USB driver.
– Download Odin downloader tool Odin3_v3.09 here
– Download Stock Firmware G900VVRU1ANI2 4.4.4 Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V – link
Previous updates on Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V):
- G900VVRU1ANHA 4.4.4
- G900VVRU1ANE9 4.4.2
- G900VVRU1ANCG 4.4.2
(Again, this firmware is exclusively for the Galaxy S5 with specific model number SM-G900V a Verizon retail version only. Do not play it around on any other Samsung Galaxy S5 variants or else you may wonder why I warned you)
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware, Odin flasher program can’t read it until you’ll get the correct file path which is in (.tar) file format. You can use ’7zip’ or ‘winrar’ to do that task, I used winrar.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.09 flasher program.
3) Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time and nothing else.
4) Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S5 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen. You should notice that the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn to blueish and will show you the port (COM) number.
6) Click on the AP button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock firmware.
7) Hit the “START’ button if everything seems all good to start flashing.
8) Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
9) Remove the phone from the computer once completely reboots.
10) Optional: perform wipe data or factory reset to gain a fresh firmware installation.
Fixing possible failures on Odin:
If you ain’t see the word ‘PASS!’ and it says ‘completed 0/failed 1′, all you need is just repeat the procedure above.
If it still fails, check the following again,
– Try to use other USB cable.
– Try to use other computer USB port.
– Try to use other desktop/laptop computer.
If you have bootloop or stuck on welcome screen on first reboot. Just perform a full data factory reset as this issues usually happens when your phone comes from a modified system images, rooted kernels and custom recoveries and you forgot to perform wipe data before restoring to stock.
– Wait a couple of minutes as the firmware installation still refreshing.
– If it continuous on an hour, perform a factory reset via recovery.
Just hold down Volume Up, Home and Power button at the same time. Once the phone displays the recovery options scroll down using the Volume keys and then select Wipe Data/Factory reset
Any problem installing the 4.4.4 G900VVRU1ANI2 stock firmware? We are here to assist you.