Here’s for Telus Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717D stock I717DTLMD1 Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware for those who wants to manually installs it using Odin. This stock firmware I717DTLMD1 is the official Jelly Bean update released by Samsung and currently rolling out via Kies. The stock firmware I717DTLMD1 is useful if you can’t get this update via Kies, if some reasons that your device system OS already modified by means of rooting, modified firmware and custom recoveries, then this is another option where you can manually install this official Jelly Bean into your Samsung Galaxy Note. Just, follow the guide carefully and your Galaxy Note will then upgraded to official Jelly Bean in no time.
For Telus Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717D:
Android version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: I717DTLMD1
Kernel version: 3.0.31-1112295 SE-infra@SEP-95-1 SMP PREEPMPT Sat April 04 2013
Build number: JZ054K.I717DTLMD1
Q: Is this a the official firmware?
A: Yes, this is exactly the same firmware released in Kies. It’s unmodified, unrooted or any kind of modification. You’ll get all Telus pre-loaded apps or bloatware on this firmware.
Q: Do I need a rooted device to use this method?
A: This method can be use for on both devices that is not rooted nor rooted and with modified firmwares.
Q: Do I lose root once installed?
A: Yes, your device will restore back to official firmware, it removes root. You can root again if you want to.
Q: How can I root this I717DTLMD1 Jelly Bean version?
A: I’m not supporting root method on this blog, the latest SuperSU by chainfire will work. Simply Google it.
Q: Is this method safe?
A: This method is safe, but there is a risk danger if you don’t exactly what this exactly all about. Kies method is for regular users and this method is the developers method.
If you have any question just drop on our comment form below.
How to Odin Install Stock I717DTLMD1
– Back-up all important data stored from the device including contacts, messages, etc.. ( this is a non-wipe firmware version, but just in-case something might went wrong your files are in safe place)
– Make sure your device battery is fully charge
– If you have installed custom ROM with custom recoveries (perform Back-up then Wipe Data/Dalvik Cache in CWM/TWRP recovery)
– Use PC runs with Windows OS with a good USB serial port
– Grab the stock firmware, USB driver and Odin
Install the USB driver so that the your computer can recognize your Galaxy Note.
Extract or unzip the firmware after download, use winzip, winrar, 7zip or anything you have in your computer that can extract a zip file format.
1) Run Odin.
2) Click on the PDA button, then load the firmware file – Kies_Home_I717DTLMD1_I717DTLSMD1_….tar.md5.
3) Do not tick the “Re-Partition” checkbox.
Odin sample only:
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note in Download Mode: Turn it off > (Press Volume Down+Power button) , then Press Volume Up when the Warning message appear.
5) Connect the phone to PC, using the supplied USB cable.
6) Hit “START” button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until the flashing finishes (DO NOT ever interrupt the process once already started).
Optional: Perform factory reset after completely rebooted to get rid of bootloops, stuck on welcome screen logo and then gains a fresher firmware installation.
How? Turn it off, then press and hold Volume Up and Down+Power button then let it go if you came across in recovery screen. Scroll down and select Wipe Data/Factory reset.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Note I717D should now be running on official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I717DTLMD1. To confirm if it was successfully installed, just hit Settings>> About>> Software info. You should see you software build version to I717DTLMD1.
Enjoy! Just let everyone know how this Jelly Bean update performs on your Galaxy Note.