Here’s the stock firmware I717MUGMD1 for Bell Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717M, a Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for this month – May 2013. This is for those who has a rooted Galaxy Note and can’t get this update through Kies since the device has been modified then Kies will not support this devices anymore. This is the only option you can restore back your Galaxy Note to Samsung’s official firmware or install this official Jelly Bean I717MUGMD1 into your device.
This firmware update is currently rolling out and available via Samsung Kies, owners who did not modify their Galaxy Note system OS can simply update on Kies and should ignore this method. This instructions are for developers and advance users only.
Again if your device can’t see this update on Kies, like you’ll get this message that says “Your device is not supported by Kies” then this is for you.
Q: Is this a the official firmware?
A: Yes, this is exactly the same firmware released in Kies. It’s unmodified, unrooted or any kind of modification. You’ll get all Bell’s pre-loaded apps or bloatware on this firmware.
Q: Do I need a rooted device to use this method?
A: This method can be use for not rooted nor rooted and with modified firmwares.
Q: Do I lose root once installed?
A: Yes, your device will restore back to official firmware, it removes root. You can root again if you want to.
Q: How can I root this I717MGMD1 Jelly Bean version?
A: Simply Google it, since I’m not supporting root method on this blog.
Q: Is this method safe?
A: This method is safe, but there is a risk danger if you don’t exactly what this exactly all about. Kies method is for regular users and this method is the developers method.
If you have any question just drop on our comment form below.
For Bell Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717M
Android version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: I717MUGMD1
Kernel version: 3.0.31-1112295 SE-infra@SEP-95-1 SMP PREEPMPT Sat April 04 2013
Build number: JZ054K.I717MUGMD1
Odin Install Stock I717MUGMD1 procedures:
– Back-up all important data stored from the device including contacts, messages, etc.. ( this is a non-wipe firmware version, but just in-case something might went wrong your files are in safe place)
– Make sure your device battery is fully charge
– If you have installed custom ROM with custom recoveries (perform Back-up then Wipe Data/Dalvik Cache in CWM/TWRP recovery)
– Use PC runs with Windows OS with a good USB serial port
– Grab the stock firmware, USB driver and Odin
Install the USB driver so that the your computer can recognize your Galaxy Note.
Extract or unzip the firmware after download, use winzip, winrar, 7zip or anything you have in your computer that can extract a zip file format.
1) Run Odin.
2) Click on the PDA button, then load the firmware file – Kies_Home_I717MUGMD1_I717MBMCMD1_….tar.md5.
3) Do not tick the “Re-Partition” checkbox.
Odin sample only:
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note in Download Mode: Turn it off > (Press Volume Down+Power button) , then Press Volume Up when the Warning message appear.
5) Connect the phone to PC, using the supplied USB cable.
6) Hit “START” button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until the flashing finishes (DO NOT ever interrupt the process once already started).
Optional: Perform factory reset after completely rebooted to get rid of bootloops, stuck on welcome screen logo and then gains a fresher firmware installation.
How? Turn it off, then press and hold Volume Up and Down+Power button then let it go if you came across in recovery screen. Scroll down and select Wipe Data/Factory reset.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Note I717M should now be running on official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I717MUGMD1. To confirm if it was successfully installed, just hit Settings>> About>> Software info. You should see you software build version to I717MUGMD1.
Enjoy! Just let everyone know how this Jelly Bean update performs on your Galaxy Note.