This is the stock I717RUXMD1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note I717R. This is useful if the device is rooted or installed with modified ROM and even runs with official stock ICS 4.0.4 I717RUXLF4. The stock firmware can be used to manually upgrade to official Jelly Bean only for those who might having issues getting this update from Kies.
For those who might have installed the AT&T’s Jelly Bean stock firmware I717UCMD3, then this is your stock too. You can now revert to Rogers firmware and get rid of AT&T’s bloatware and network service connection.
Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717R
Android version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: I717RUXMD1
Kernel version: 3.0.31-1112295 SE-infra@SEP-95-1 SMP PREEPMPT Sat April 04 2013
Build number: JZ054K.I717RUXMD1
Odin Stock I717RUXMD1 procedures:
– Back-up all important data stored from the device -contacts, messages, etc.. ( this is a non-wipe firmware version, but just in-case something might went wrong your files are in safe place)
– Make sure your device battery is fully charge
– If you have installed custom ROM with custom recoveries (perform Back-up then Wipe Data/Dalvik Cache in recovery)
– Use PC runs with Windows OS and good USB serial port
– Grab stock firmware, USB driver and Odin
Install the USB driver so that the your computer can recognize your Galaxy Note.
Extract or unzip the firmware after download, use winzip, winrar, 7zip or anything you have in your computer that used to extract a zip file format.
1) Run Odin.
2) Click on the PDA button, then load the firmware file – Kies_Home_I717RUXMD1_I717RRWCMD1.tar.md5.
3) Do not tick the “Re-Partition” checkbox.
Odin sample only:
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note in Download Mode: Turn it off > (Press Volume Down+Power button) .then Press Volume Up when the Warning message appear.
5) Connect the phone to PC, using the supplied USB cable.
6) Hit “START” button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until the flashing finishes (DO NOT ever interrupt the process once already started).
Optional: Perform factory reset after completely rebooted to get rid of bootloops, stuck on welcome screen logo and then gains a fresher firmware installation.
How? Turn it off, then press and hold Volume Up and Down+Power button then let it go if you came across in recovery screen. Scroll down and select Wipe Data/Factory reset.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Note I717R should now be running on official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I717RUXMD1. To confirm if it was successfully installed, just hit Settings>> About>> Software info. You should see you software build version to I717RUXMD1.
How this update performs?