Manually install the Official Android 4.4.2 firmware update build T210XXBNI1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 Wi-Fi. The Android 4.4.2 T210XXBNI1 had already began rolling out in select countries but some hasn’t received the update yet especially those who have had root on Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210. But for those who did not root their precious Tab 3 and may have not seen the update yet, you may check it on Kies as it is already in there and its now available in most of Europe countries.
Now if you are one of those who have gone into rooting and might now facing into issues on getting the official 4.4.2 update, then the stock firmware is for you. This may also applies for those who’d been asking me how to get rid of only seen a message that says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. But then Kies can’t connect to the device then this is also the best way to recover your device and upgrade to the 4.4.2 update.
So, just read on below and carefully read our guide. But before that here are the technical details of the T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 update. You can see the software build info by navigating via Settings>>More info>>About Device.
Technical details of Android version 4.4.2/ T210XXBNI1
Tablet name: GALAXY Tab 3 7.0 Wi-Fi
Model number: SM-T210
Android version: 4.4.2 (KitKat OS)
Baseband version: T210XXBNI1
Kernel version: 3.4.5-2708044
Thu Sep 4 19:14:59 KST 2014
Build number: KOT49H.T210XXBNI1
CSC: T210OXABNI1 (varies on countries)
What are the key features of the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 official Android 4.4.2 update?
For those who may want to know and did not know it yet, here goes what Samsung addressed to the public about of what we can expect on Android 4.4.2 software updates.
- Android version 4.4.2, KitKat update
- New Lock Screen Access.
Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music.
Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen.
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages.
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons.
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu.
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
Conclusion: After checking the full UI of the T210XXBNI1, its seems it is a stable 4.4.2 build on the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 but there are some minor glitches we have been found. No constant reboot issues, no battery drains and among other issues that has been ex peculating and and found on other devices.
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Important Reminders before Flashing a Stock ROM
• Make sure that your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T210 battery is fully re-charge.
• Stock ROM packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it doesn’t delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-WIpe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe place just in-case if something might went wrong during the flashing process.
• Use a Windows OS base computer, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. This approach will not work on MAC users.
• Use the supplied USB cable for your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T210
• Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings. Go to Settings > Applications > Development, and tick the box that says ‘Enable USB Debugging’. If your tablet is on a rooted 4.4.2 ROM, Go to Settings >About Device>>look for the build number then tap it for around 7-times until a developer options pops-up.
• Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
Please be reminded that the Android 4.4.2 updates includes a new protected bootloader that might cause issues when you try to downgrade to the old software updates. This also applies if you are planning into rooting and installing any custom recovery once you are on 4.4.2, so please be aware with that.
Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 Original Stock Firmware:
Important Note: This can only be used on the unbranded Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Wi-Fi with a specific model number 7.0 SM-T210. Just grab the stock firmware according to your country so you can then update via Kies on the oncoming software updates.
Austria – ATO_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Bulgaria – BGL_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
France – XEF_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Greece – EUR_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Hungary – XEH_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Italy – ITV_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Kazakhstan – SKZ_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Luxembourg – LUX_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Netherlands – PHN_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Poland – XEO_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Portugal – TPH_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Romania – ROM_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Russia – SER_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Slovakia – XSK_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Slovenia – SIO_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
South East Europe – SEE_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Spain – PHE_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Switzerland – AUT_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Ukraine – SEK_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
United Kingdom – BTU_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Uzbekistan – CAC_T210XXBNI1 4.4.2 Download (link)
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. Also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin.
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked, only the ‘AUTO-REBOOT and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes are both remained checked.
Reboot your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T210 into Download Mode.
To reboot the Galaxy Tab 3 T210 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to the computer.
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock 4.4.2 T210XXBNI firmware package.
The stock ROM is pack in One .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Begin the installation of the stock firmware
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until you see the word PASS!!.
When the Stock ROM installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware.
Confirm your fresh firmware installation by going to Settings>About Phone>Firmware info. Then see if it is on 4.4.2 with baseband version T210OXABNI1 and build number KOT49H.T210OXABNI1.
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock ROM on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, It isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs.
Try to use another PC or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: You can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T210 in Normal mode.
That’s it! Any further questions, just drop it on our comment form below. You may also share to everyone your first impression about this update, including any issues you might have found.