Here you go, the official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) for Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G T-Mobile SGH-T769 stock ROM/Firmware build T769UVLH5 packaged. This is for those who’s Samsung Galaxy S Blaze currently runs with unofficial firmware or rooted and wants to return back to default official stock firmware.
T769UVLH5 ICS 4.0.4 Stock ROM
Device: Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769
Country/Provider: U.S.A T-Mobile
Android Version: 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Latest Build: T769UVLH5/T769TMBLH5/T769UVLH5/T769UVLH5
Features of T769UVLH5 ICS 4.0.4 Update
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Mobile Hotspot Icon location fix
- Add Email option fix
But before you can get the update you need your device match the following criteria
- Manual (via Samsung Kies) update
- Android version 2.3.6 / Software version T769UVLB7/T769UVLF4
- Device software is not rooted
If your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze is rooted then you will not be able to receive the update. The only option for that is by way of manual flashing – install using the T769UVLH5 ICS 4.0.4 stock ROM. You may loss root by doing this, but you can re-root again.
This will not trip the binary flash counter of your device since this is the original stock firmware. Upgrading using this method is just like updating from Kies since we are using the exact the same official firmware.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk!
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and micro SDcard are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
– Remember the APN settings of your phone .
Grab the original stock ROM T769UVLH5:
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe or Odin3_v1.85 on your PC desktop
3) In Odin – DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G into download mode, you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You’ll then need to press the Volume Up to continue. You’ll be prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
6) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”. Then once the phone completely reboots, remove it from PC.
That’s it! don’t forget to drop me some comments for any improvements like battery life performance, bug fixes and other issues this firmware may have.