Here’s the stock firmware T999LUVUBMK4 an official Android 4.3 update for T-Mobile’s LTE-enabled Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999L). The ‘MK4 build’ brings the KNOX and Galaxy Gear compatibility support to the phone and as well as improvements and enhancements and all other 4.3 stuff. This stock firmware is only for those devices that has been rooted or installed with custom recovery and did not successfully get the update through OTA or even from Kies. Flashing the stock firmware will basically restore your device to official firmware, since this is the same firmware released via OTA and Kies server.
Before proceeding, you must be aware that the 4.3 comes with a new bootloader that includes the KNOX security applications. This KNOX apps now comes a built-in ‘KNOX warranty void’ counter in system recovery, meaning once you installed or upgraded to 4.3 firmware you have now a limited access to the new bootloader. The possibility of gaining root access, or installing custom recovery and ROMs will result into tripping this KNOX warranty void counter, from the default count of ’0×0′ to ’0×1′.
Again, this process is only for those who got the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (SGH-T999L) not the original (Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 no LTE-enabled) version and currently runs in unofficial firmware or with root installed and wants to restore back to official firmware. Ordinaryl users who did not touched their phone’s OS and currently runs with official firmware 4.12 T999LUVAMB7, you must only update via OTA or Kies. This method is called manual flashing, just an option if Kies and OTA already blocks your devices from updating, something like it just says “This device is not supported by Kies” or “update failed” on OTA update.
Just follow this guide and manually install it, this will not trip the binary flash counter and wipe all stored data. But backup all important files first. This is for safety precautions and usually doesn’t delete the files during the process, in-case if you run into problems and you may be forced to perform factory reset. Re-setting the phone will delete all data.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not usethis method.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues. Mostly ROM devs advises you to perform Full Back-Up via CWM/TWRP recovery and perform Wipe Data/Dalvik cache before performing Odin back to stock.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Odin Guide: Flash T999LUVUBMK4 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999L
1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded T999LUVUBMK4 stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.09.exe in your commputer
3) In Odin – DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.
4) Click on the ‘AP button‘ then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock UVUEMJC firmware.
5) Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the PowerON/OFF button simultaneously.
You will then press the volume up key to continue. You’ll be prompted with a warning screen and asking you to press “volume up” if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. The highlighted ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”. Then remove it from PC once completely reboots,.
Optional fix: If you experience bootloops or just stuck on Samsung screen after flashing; You can easily fix these symptoms by performing wipe data/factory reset. Just ensure to backup all file first before doing so.
1. Turn-off the phone, then hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears. Use Volume keys to toggle UP and DOWN selection. The power button to enter your selection.
- Select wipe cache
- Select wipe data/factory reset.
- Select reboot
You will then confirm if the fresh firmware was successfully installed by hitting your Galaxy S3 Settings>> About Device. You should see that T999LUVUBMK4 as the baseband build version. That’s all!