Germany’s Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-n7000) now receiving another Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with the build numbers “N7000XXLT4” . The build date is highly fresh, dated as March 1st 2013 an update from previous released “N7000XXLSZ”. Germany is the first country received the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean upgrade for the Galaxy Note, then there might be something new enhancements and improvements on this new build “N7000XXLT4”. There are some issues has reported for the Galaxy Note 4.1.2 updates including battery charging and drains drastically, some complaints regrading network issues, lags and unresponsive issues but again this happens from case-to-case basis and varies from each specific countries and build versions.
So for those who might be looking for a stabler Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build must try this update. It is now live via Samsung Kies and only available for German owners of the unbranded Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 for now, but for those advance users you may grab the stock firmware below and manually flash it through Odin.
Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean N7000XXLT4
Disclaimer: This method is for developers and advance users only. If ever his is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Note: These stock ROM is only compatible for unbranded or unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 specific model only.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
– Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS
Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy Note GT-N7000
1)Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip, winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file.
Single file only – This firmware comes in a single packaged mostly from recent updates that is fulled from official Samsung Kies firmware server.
Just click on the PDA button then select and load it.
DO NOT check ‘Repartition’
Check these: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold theVolume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5. Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to color yellow when the phone is properly connected and already recognize with Odin.
6.Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloops and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
Restore your network APN settings, then change the default language from German to your own or desired language.
For those who already got this update, just let everyone knows how this update performs. Enjoy!