LG is now releasing another Ice Cream Sandwich firmware build V30B. This is another official roundup test firmware since some widget are still missing and its almost the same from earlier releases V28c and V29 this due to a lower space of the system partition. The V30B is now available for Europe countries – France, Italy, Baltics, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Portugal, Poland etc. This firmware can be rooted but cannot be installed with any custom recovery.
To those who does not upgraded or tried the earlier V28c or V29 builds, here’s the following issues on V30B.
– There are some widget still missing like the Music,Favourite contact, power widget, task manager widget
– Some gesture features are missing.
– Lock screen style choosing deleted (In lockscreen settings menu).
– No boot animation (Boot animation just a lg picture).
– Some reports on battery draining problem
– The blue led’s not working.
Download the V30B KDZ and Bin/Fls
Head over to XDA-Developers as the stock KDZ and Bin/Fls files is posted by xonar_
Flashing V30B instruction:
Prerequisites before installing the V30 ICS update
– Back-up and sync all important data files from the phone.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Configure your phone: Settings -> Applications -> Development, Tick USB Debugging
– Use PC/laptops runs on Windows OSX
– Your LGP9070 USB cable
Installing the V28C KDZ ROM file
1. Install Windows USB driver
2. Download and install Software Update utility
3. Download the KDZ ROM update
4.Connect the phone but DO NOT turn on USB storage
5. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe as Administrator
6. Set “Type” and “Phone Mode”
Select the .kdz file you downloaded in step 1
Press Lauch Software Update to start and wait (for 6~10 minutes) until you see –FINISHED– line.
Sometimes it takes your phone into Emergency mode. Then it will reboot normally. Of somehow it just stuck on splash screen logo, you can simply fix it by turning it off thend then press and hold the [Power] + [Volume Down] + [Home] buttons then release the buttons ’till you see the droid with the progress bar under it.
Grab the following files from above link.
V30 Stock ROM BIN/FLS files
1. Install the USB driver first
2. Extract or unzip the Smart Flash Tool program.
3. Extract or unzip downloaded V28C SFT Bin and FLS files, preferred location on C: drive,firmware pack: Then you’ll get the two specific files BIN and FLS.
4. Run B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe
5. Configure SmartFlasher Tool and Load the files:
- ROM copy D/L bookmark
- in Select mode choose Normal mode
- Load on CP option the CP.fls file
- Load on AP option the AP.bin file
- Connect the phone in S/W Update mode with battery in it (on the phone that is switched off, plug in USB cable while pressing holding down the “Vol+ button”.
6) choose COM port.
7) choose LGE Mobile USB Serial Port in Communication Driver
8) Hit “START” button and then wait until it finishes flashing.
After successfully flashing, phone will reboot, you may also need to Factory Reset if ever just stuck on welcome screen.
That’s all! Thanks to chuayx1 for the screenshots