Just after the successful official released of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean or also known as “Premium Suite” for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (International version) earlier, now here comes the roll-out for Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 users across Europe regions. The so-called “Premium Suite” Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean that features a Multi -View function becomes the hottest topic for Android devices users lately. The latest firmware build I9305XXBLL3 is now hitting Germany, Poland, Austria, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland, Hungary, Denmark and all other countries and carrier providers might also follow soon. This is confirmed to be available on unbranded Galaxy S3 LTE devices and all major network providers in Europe like Vodafone, T-mobile, Cosmote, Swisscom and PLUS. Others not mentioned might wait for their turn.
So, just check it out via Samsung Kies that has been installed on your computer or laptop. You can also check for automatic updates via OTA (over the air) just go to Settings> About> Check Software update.
How to manually install or update to I9305XXBLL3
Thus who now runs with rooted and custom firmware or recoveries most probably encounter trouble on getting this update officially from Kies or OTA, since the device is already modified, Kies or OTA updates will just fails your devices from updating.
This is the procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S3 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean I9305XXBLL3. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number GT-I9305 only (International version) and do not ever try to use on Galaxy S3 I9300 for it will result undesired outcomes. This should not and cannot be use on U.S and Canada Galaxy S3 variants like SGH I747/M, SCH-I535, SGH-T999/V and SPH-L710 and so on.
Warning: This method is for advance users only, typical users who did not touch or modify their devices can simply update on Kies and OTA only. This update will soon come in your areas, all you need is a little bit patience to wait.
Grab the original I9305XXBLL3 Stock ROMS:
Unbranded: (best for flashing for its free from carrier bloatwares).
Germany – I9305XXBLL3_I9305DBTBLL3 Download
Update: You can now upgrade to the Android OS!
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Firmware Updates for GS3 GT-I9305
- Android 4.3 Jellybean Firmware Updates for GS3 GT-I9305
Austria (A1 Telekom) – GT-I9305_MOB_I9305XXBLL3_I9305MOBBLL1
Denmark (Three) – GT-I9305_HTD_I9305XXBLL3_I9305HTDBLL2
Greece (Cosmote) – GT-I9305_COS_I9305XXBLL3_I9305COSBLL3
Hungary (T-mobile) – GT-I9305_TMH_I9305XXBLL3_I9305TMHBLL3
Poland (PLUS) – GT-I9305_PLS_I9305XXBLL3_I9305PLSBLL3
Portugal (Vodafone) – GT-I9305_TCL_I9305XXBLL3_I9305TCLBLL1
Switzerland (Swisscom) – GT-I9305_SWC_ I9305XXBLL3_I9305SWCBLL1
I will add more countries with the same build I9305XXBLL3….
Disclaimer: Proceed and use this method solely at your own risk!
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (GT-I9305) I9305XXBLL3 stock ROM:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
Install I9305XXBLL3 Official Jelly Bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded I9305XXBLL3 firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
ex. Germany = KIES_HOME_I9305XXBLL3_I9305DBTLL3_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold theVolume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get intodownload mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already I9305XXBLL3 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.