Here’s how to manually install and upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (international version) to the nwest build Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The first 4.1.2 is initially released in Poland, other countries may also follow sooner. This guide can be used by advance users only since this method is called manual flashing thru Odin for we cannot get it on Kies yet, unless we resides in Poland. The firmware build we used on this guide is the original, unmodified or unrooted and Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean stock ROM.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Latest Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3
Warning: If you don’t know what exactly this thing all about, then leave your device alone untouched and you must only update thru Kies or OTA. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy S3 variants with model number GT-I9300 only (International version) and cannot be used on United States and Canada Galaxy S3 variants like SGH I747/M, SCH-I535, SGH-T999/V and SPH-L710 , and so on.
Note: This is an Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean update, a major changes will take effect on our devices. Some configuration and 3rd party apps that works from previous build, may not work on this Jelly bean update.
Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build Stock ROMs
Poland: Unbranded GT-I9300_XEO_I9300XXELKC_I9300OXXELK4
– Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Stock Firmware
All other European countries stock ROM to be added here soon: Kindly bookmark this page to check if your country already receives the said update.
Disclaimer: Proceed and use this method solely at your own risk! If you don’t truly understand what this means, then leave your device untouched.
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) stock ROM:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Q: My device now runs with custom ROM does it safe to flash?
A: Yes, All you need to do is reset factory settings/data wipe data .
Here’s what to do first: Use Nandroid via CWM or Titanium Backup, to make a back-up copy of all your important data stored from the device.
Q: Can I used this even I came from other country?
A: Yes, but you need to install again the official firmware back to your device until Samsung release it sooner. Bookmark this post for I will add all 4.1.2 update for all countries here.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
– Remember the APN settings of your network, you will need to re-configure that again after flashing to get rid of Network connection issues.
Install Official Jelly Bean Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
I used Poland Stock I9300XXELKC on this guide for it’s the first released. Firmware build numbers sometimes varies on each specific countries and network providers.
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar.
SS_DL.dll (this cannot be used but do not delete, it’s the firmware extension driver file)
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold theVolume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get intodownload mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
About>Settings> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already upgraded to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.
If you encountered flashing error, see full detailed guide here for installing stock ROM.