We spotted a new firmware update for unbranded Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch GT-P3100 with build number P3100XXDMC1 and still based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean version. This update is currently heading in Spain, Nordic Countries, Serbia and Bulgaria. The Italian network “Tre” has released this update earlier this month but now here comes the unbranded build versions (bloatware free) so it’s time to get some tinkering on our Galaxy Tab 7.0 P3100 with this latest official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build P3100XXDMC1.
This update may bring some enhancement and improvements for better, snappier and smoother Jelly Bean experience.
Some features the improvements in this new update:
– Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (With Butter Project)
– Full UI Revamp (same user interface as the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
– TouchWiz UX Nature
– Samsung S Cloud
– Camera functions improved
– New Lockscreen with many customization options
– New functions such as direct dialing, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
– New Widgets (from Galaxy S III)
– 2 home screen mode
– New notification bar
– Google Now
Is there a Multi-view? I hope Samsung will add it sooner. Let’s all wait for the upcoming Android 4.2.2.
How to root P3100XXDMC1? You can easily root using CF-Auto Root (Google it)
Firmware info: P3100XXDMC1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 (WiFi + 3G)
Countries: Spain, Italy, Nordic Countries, Bulgaria, Serbia (current)
Android version: 4.1.2 aka Jelly Bean
CSC: P3100OXXDMD1 (changeable)
Build Date: 2013 March 2
How to manually install P3100XXDMC1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100
This quick guide is for advance users only – those who has rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, for your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware and you can simply update thru Kies or Over the Air without facing any issues.
Disclaimer: Use this guide solely at your own risk! We shall not be held responsible any outcomes it may bring into your device.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
– Make a note of the APN setting of your network data provider.
Download the original P3100XXDMC1 stock firmware
- Spain – PHE_P3100XXDMC1 Download
- Nordic Countries – NEE_P3100XXDMC1 Download
- Netherlands – PHN_P3100XXDMC1 Download
- Austria – ATO_P3100XXDMC1 Download
- Belgium / Luxembourg – LUX_P3100XXDMC1 Download
- Italy (3)– HUI_P3100XXDMC1 Download
- Germany (E-Plus) – EPL_P3100XXDMC1 Download
Update: Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean are also available!
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware.
2. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
3. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
4. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition”, just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
5. In Odin, click the PDA button. Select the extracted stock firmware.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow andshows the current com port you Galaxy Tab 2 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odindoesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB port or USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
If you have something to mention, just drop it on the comment form. Enjoy!
Restore the APN settings of your device, to get rid of data connection issues.
Change the default language and text input according to your own prepared language (All European languages are included on this firmware).
Optional: Perform factory reset to gain a fresher firmware installation.
That’s it! You Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 should now run on latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean build P3100XXDMC1.