Here’s a step by step procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 3G+Wifi GT-P7300 international version to its official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. For now, this update is only available for Austria users only across the entire Europe regions. Asian countries already has it but other countries in Europe may need to have more time to wait. But if you are already tired of waiting before it reaches in your area or appears on Kies you can upgrade your Galaxy Tab 8.9 now and have a bite for the ICS tweaks before it all lasted since its now already an era of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
All other Samsung galaxy Tab 8.9 variants released in United States and Canada, and the international Galaxy TAb 8.9 WiFi version Gt-P7310 also has its official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. This could be the final firmware build for older Galaxy Tabs since all newer Samsung tablets runs in Jelly Bean.
Anyway, if you know how to use Odin you can upgrade your Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300 tablets, by using the original stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 P7300XXLQ6.
This stock ROM is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300, already tested and works on all international versions since it’s all the same. The default language is set in German – Austria, but all other European languages are included in the packaged. So, you may just need to change the default language to your locality, if you want to upgrade now, using the original stock ROM build P7300XXLQ6.
All Included languages:
- Deutsch (Deutschland)
- Deutsch (Osterreich)
- Deutsch (Schweiz)
- English (Australia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- Espanol (Spania)
- Espanol (Estados Unidos)
- Francais (Belgique)
- Francais (France)
- Nederlands (Belgie)
- Nederlands (Nederland)
- Norsk bokmal
- Portugues (Brasil)
- Portugues (Portugal)
What Features on ICS 4.0.4 P7300XXLQ6?
If you upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 WiFi it features a very smooth scrolling, much faster and smoother than in 3.2 honeycomb. There are major changes happens like the looks and apps you are going to discover.
Latest firmware: P7300XXLQI, P7300XXLQG, P7300XXLQF and P7300XXLQD
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
Released: March-December 2013
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300 to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stockfirmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re all in the UK. This procedure is for advance users only that still currently runs with official stock 3.2 HoneyComb, typical users may only upgrade thru Kies and may not try this method if do not truly understand of what this stuff is all about.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
– Remember the APN settings of your network provider, if you install this on your tab which you
– Perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
All Other 4.0.4 Releases
United Kingdom / Ireland – XEU_P7300XXLQF Download
France – XEF_P7300XXLQF Download
Greece – EUR_P7300XXLQF Download
Netherlands – PHN_P7300XXLQF Download
Romania – HAT_P7300XXLQF Download
Baltic – SEB_P7300XXLQF Download
Poland – XEO_P7300XXLQF Download
Spain – POF_ P7300XXLQF Download
Luxembourg – LUX_P7300XXLQG Download
Switzerland – AUT_P7300XXLQD Download
Nordic – NEE_P7300XXLQD Download
Russia – SER_ P7300XXLQD Download
Odin Flasher Guide: P7300XXLQ6 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300 WiFi+3G
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ ans ‘F-Rreset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P7300XXLQ6_P7300OXALQ6_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, remove it from computer’s USB connection.
That’s all! Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.